Trap - Josh Hartnett & M.Night Shyamalan Film 2024.........New Nepo-baby incoming!

Soldato
Hi All,

The trailer gives away the typical M.Night Shyamalan twist very early (it has a generic "daddy/daughter at a concert which 'might' be attacked shortly" vibe at first, but oh boy its not!) so I'm not sure if the end will have one (hopefully not), but from the trailer this looks to be a decent-ish thriller, and an interesting role for Hartnett. So why did I add that this is a new "nepo-baby" film, well the concert the main cast are at is one performed by actual singer Saleka Shyamalan, who is N.Nights daughter! I'm not into the R&B scene so I've no idea how talented she is so it might be unfair (or not) to call her a nepo-baby TBH.

Anyway -

Synopsis said:
Warner Bros. Pictures presents a new experience in the world of M. Night Shayamalan—“Trap” —featuring performances by rising music star Saleka Shyamalan.

A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize they’re at the center of a dark and sinister event.

Written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, “Trap” stars Josh Hartnett, Ariel Donoghue, Saleka Shyamalan, Hayley Mills and Allison Pill. The film is produced by Ashwin Rajan, Marc Bienstock and M. Night Shyamalan. The executive producer is Steven Schneider.

The initial press screenings are getting OK reviews, kind of "he's back............its decent..................Harknett is great" etc etc.

However, as with almost all "press" screenings i.e. not movie critics specifically, they tend to be more glowing than critic reviews or audience ones.

The general critic reviews seem to be "1st half good - 2nd half awful - Harknett is great" which almost, but not quite, matches the pre-release media reviews.

Back
Top Bottom