Triple Monitors to What?

Associate
Afternoon Folks,

I'm currently running 3 Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" (1920x1200 16:10) IPS monitors and am getting the itch for something a bit bigger and better.

My main use is permanently working from home (Teams calls, spreadsheets, word docs, etc.) and light gaming (Valheim, L4D2).

I'm just finding the 24" a bit small as I sit approx 1m from the screen, and I only use the center screen for any sort of gaming (I could Eyefinity but the bezels annoy me). When playing games I do quite like to have Spotify or YouTube open on another screen too. The thing that puts me off the ultrawide side of things is the window snapping. I like how on each of my 3 screens I can easily maximise a window and not have it a ridiculous width.

Now, I've considered a few options, such as going to 1 x 27" and keeping 2 x 24", 1 x 32" or even the 43" Dell. Then there's the whole ultrawide debate.

I love the idea of 4K as it will futureproof me, but I'm consious with my current specs that gaming at that resolution will be shocking.

With the games I play, I don't think that 144hz is necessary? IPS or VA - not sure?

Budget: under £1k

Current Specs (dated, I know):

i5-4670k 3.4GHz
16GB DDR3
RX Vega 56

So Monitors, what're your thoughts?

Thanks!

Associate
my advice is to upgrade your pc first dude . dont go 49 G9 unless you have some horsepower in the pc . at least a 3080 . and then its still got faults galore .. me .. AW38 , im in process sending both the Neo G9 back and AW38 . Aw38 will be re ordered as Dell wont exchange under 14 days (light bleed) and the G9 is just awful for near double the cost (with arm mount) . So will re-order the Aw38 once i have got refund on current one . ans then i will get the 42C2 when its released in early 2022 .

Soldato
I love the idea of 4K as it will futureproof me, but I'm consious with my current specs that gaming at that resolution will be shocking.

Nothing is futureproof for long, 4K i find terrible for work because all the writing is tiny and you need to magnify everything and GPU`s hate it

Associate
42C2?

Just wondered what monitor you were considering as an upgrade from the Alienware 38" ?

technical name for the LG OLED 42 C2 , guessing it will be called C2 .

I'm going to wait until January to see if Alienware update the 38 range with a new screen as this 38 is a few years old now . usually a 3 year cycle with Del/Alienware.

i have just bought and been using a Dell S2721DGFA .. what a screen for £266 ..i had £75 in vouchers plus a 10% code . direct . no light bleed , HDR is very good and really shocked at how good this screen is . 165hz 1440p .freesync pro , gsync comp.

Soldato
I think you should consider a pair of 34" ultrawides in a stacked configuration - one above the other. You can game - or have your main productivity task - on one, and Whatsapp, Teams etc on the other.

Another possibility is to stack one 1200p monitor on top of the ultrawide and have another 1200p in a portrait mode at the side.

I have a 1200p monitor atop my 27" 4k monitor and a 24" 4k monitor in portrait mode at the side and it works very well for me.

Back
Top Bottom