Trolled with hosting

Associate
Wo2F1jY.jpg

Hosting newbie here, uploaded my page and content to my domain monster hosting, and I am now getting the above image when I try to view it... is this someone trolling me? Have I not configured the security correctly or something?

When I open the page on the FTP it works fine...

Any help appreciated

Associate
OP
I get this

'Not Found

The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

Soldato
uploaded my page and content to my domain monster hosting, and I am now getting the above image when I try to view it...

So something else showed up before you uploaded stuff? That would suggest the "hello" file is part of something you uploaded via FTP.

When you connect via FTP is there a default folder called "www" or "public_html"? Those are commonly used folders which is tied to the root of your domain and it's where your index should be.

I'm assuming that "hello" page must be an index.html? Could try browsing around your FTP to find that and then you know where to upload your actual index.html.

Have you already contacted your web hosting's support? Sounds like something they'd be able to sort out for you since you cant tell us any details.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's an index.php/html displaying to stop exposing a directory listing. Make sure you uploaded to your web root in public_html and that there isn't another index.php/html in there and that you have an index.php/htm/html file etc. If you don't have an index you need to type the url directly yourdomain.co.uk/my_file.html

Back
Top Bottom