Trooli broadband

Soldato
Does anyone have Trooli BB?

Currently with Plusnet, whom I’ve been with for years but despite fibre, I get about 40Mbps down and 10up.

Looking to go with the 300 down, 100 up package for £50 a month

Caporegime
Probably just the standard distance limitations of FTTC, and not something that is in the remit of Plusnet to be able to do anything about.

Trooli are a niche fibre player but you've got nothing to lose really, a quick look at reviews shows no problems with the actual connection part of it. They are pretty clear about how they guarantee you will get the speeds you pay for, and there's a cooling off period.

One thing that is a bit off-putting is that they want to charge £250 for a replacement ONT if the one they install fails outside the warranty term, I'd argue that ONTs should be replaced as part of the service if they fail (assuming they fail for reasons that aren't your house flooding, losing the power brick, smashing them up etc.).

Soldato
OP
Had this installed Friday. Got the basic package, with phone. 300 down (Actually 312) and 100 up (Actually 109) and so far, so good. Install took a couple of hours, really nice chap. Loving it so far, literally 10 times fast both up and down!

Wifi6, mesh capable router too which really helps in the house.

Associate
I have been with Trooli now for 2 months now and it's been great, I get 320/110 I got it installed and the fibre routed internally exactly where I wanted with a decent/friendly installer.

WiFi on the router seems much stronger than my old Vodafone router but I run a ubiquiti setup to make the most of the speed everywhere in the house.

The fastest speed I could get before was 32/7 and was on some old janky copper so had some interleaving on the line too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom