Trouble ... Never ending

Soldato
i recently requested an RMA for some GSKILL HZ PC4000 (2GB) memory, i recieved the replacement memory very quickly, however the same problem persists.
The original problem was that the computer would lockup while loading up if i
ran the memory at anything more than DDR333 (166Mhz), now i have recieved the replacement memory i still cant set the memory any faster than DDR333.
The rest of my computer spec is as follows:

Sapphire Pure Innovation Motherboard
X1800XT 512mb Graphics card
Creative Soundblaster XFI Extreme
200Gb Maxtor Diamondmax 10 HDD

Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks

Could it be something else is broken not the memory?

Soldato
OP
there is no update for my mobo.. i dont think

i changed this after a few weeks of the gskill being in.

if i disable cool and quiet i got into windows.. then it would jus restart as soon as everyhting loaded up.

now i can enable cool and quiet... get into windows.. but it just restarts within a minute.. if the memory is set any higher than 166mhz

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i have no reciept for it.. got all the box and stuff... dont know why i have no receipt or email order. ive kept eveything else except this.... and its borked.. typical

it wont of wrecked any of my other hardware will it?

i mean i seriously running the mem slow to get the computer stable

166mhz.... 3 4 4 8 at 2T... not even 1:1 as it restarts in random places.

im seriously annoyed... :( .. more upset really

Soldato
OP
yeh i have...

well ive emailed sapphire/ati/gskill about my issue.. see what is said before i buy...

but i think it looks like ill be dipping into my vision m savings for me new mobo on monday :( sooo close to that vision M too.

did you send your mem back too?? what was your original problem? was it the memory speed like me.. or was it something else?

Soldato
OP
:(

you say you flashed the bios.... ive never updated the bios ( i aint got a floppy drive)

but i didnt think there was an update for the bios for this? mine is like september or november 2005 i think

Soldato
OP
ahh.. you got your mobo RMAed.. not memory... i see :p

hmmmm well see what is said if i get any responses...n ill let you know how this situation pans out...

mobo is between dfi expert...of asus deluxe :p

Back
Top Bottom