Truly Quiet Mechanical Keyboard

Associate
Is there such a thing as a truly quiet mechanical keyboard currently on the market?

d29a8cfa81410b2dc04ce6ab46c45ce5.jpg

I am someone who has always used membrane keyboards as I have hypersentivity to sound so loud keyboards are actually painful for me but I figured there may be a solution for me (mechnical keyboard wise) so that's why I am posting this thread. Any suggestions would absoutely be welcome

Cherry MX is a keyboard switch manufacturer, and some of their switches are designed to be silent, e.g.

I haven't tried them though, but I'd imagine they'd be pretty quiet.

So, you need to determine the switch type you want, and then find a keyboard that has them.

Yeah been looking at them after you posted

Seems what I need to look for is a cherry mx silent red keyboard with dampening pad underneath them, ducky does them and so does leopold, thanks radderfire <3

Last edited:
Yeah been looking at them after you posted

Seems what I need to look for is a cherry mx silent red keyboard with dampening pad underneath them, ducky does them and so does leopold, thanks radderfire <3

Ducky make nice keyboards, or at least I'm really happy with mine, which I have for heading towards 2 years now.

Also just a thought. Have you considered a hot swappable keyboard? That way you can experiment with switches until you find one your comfortable with instead of an all in approach and hoping for the best.

Is there such a thing as a truly quiet mechanical keyboard currently on the market?
Get a keyboard that you can swap the switches out and get some silent switches.

I have just got a Keychron V1 Max and some Akko V3 Fairy linear silent switches. While they are not absolutely silent they are very quiet. the only keys that are a bit louder are the spacebar, enter and backspace, but they are still a lot quieter than before.

Cost around £140 all in, £100 for keyboard and £35 for the switches (inc postage).

Back
Top Bottom