Trusted cherished plate suppliers

Soldato
Hi motors

I'm looking at possibly getting the OH a cherished plate as a surprise present.

DVLA have a couple that tick the boxes, and I've no qualms about buying from them safe in the knowledge they will send me the Entitlement Certificate directly.

Having said that, can anyone suggest a reputable seller based on experience that might broaden the selection available?

Please can we avoid a debate about what is the point of having a cherished plate, it's a Marmite subject and the OH likes them so I'm considering getting one for her.

I've found that DVLA are actually cheaper than the other resellers. DVLA price is what you pay - nothing hidden.
Every other site, they add £80 for this, £50 for that - I've seen £130 added on elsewhere.....

Can't help on reputable dealers, sorry - only ever bought one and that was direct.

I've found that DVLA are actually cheaper than the other resellers. DVLA price is what you pay - nothing hidden.
Every other site, they add £80 for this, £50 for that - I've seen £130 added on elsewhere.....

Can't help on reputable dealers, sorry - only ever bought one and that was direct.
That has been my experience so far. I bought my own private plate from DVLA a long time ago and they were the first place I started looking today.

I figured that DVLA sell new prefix number plates and plates that are relinquished and go back into the pot, but if someone is trying to sell one privately they might use one of these resellers.

If its on DVLA website, then buy from there. It will be the cheapest place, you might find it the plate on other websites but by the time you goto checkout and they add everything else (like hidden vat charge) it will be more expensive!

Last edited:
Thanks all, I ended up buying one from DVLA directly.

Certificate of entitlement arrived a few days later and I ordered a set of plates from Halfords.

When I collected them they have a small Halfords branding in the centre, as well as the postcode bit :(

She won't mind, but I'd be bothered by it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom