Tryin to run 2 monitors. Please help

Associate
Ive bought me a new monitor so im now tryin to run the pair. Problem is, when i boot up it shows on screen 2 then jumps to 1 when windows kicks in
can you help with this prob
Thanks

Soldato
That just means that you have screen 2 physically plugged in to the primary port on the graphics adaptor. In Windows you have it set for screen 1 to be the primary screen, so Windows swaps them around in software.

You can either swap over the connectors on the back of your PC, or rearrange them from within Windows, either is a valid solution.

Soldato
It's just down to how the properties are set up in the display options. If you right click the desk, go to Properties, and then go to the Settings tab, you will be able to alter how the desktop is displayed, and what monitor is treated as the primary monitor.

Associate
OP
Sorted it, windows was seeing it as right but it wasnt. I had to swap ports but leave the second one out and reboot. Then i reinstalled the drivers for the main monitor and windows saw it as the main monitor then, in the new port. I could then connect the second monitor and all was well.
The problem was because ive always had the main monitor in the wrong port (before i bought the second one if you know what i mean)

Back
Top Bottom