Trying to Reinstall Android on a Yoga Tablet

Soldato
Hello,

My Lenovo Tab 3 Yoga tablet seems to have lost its OS when the battery failed.

I have found a file from Lenovo but cannot seem to get the SD card to be recognised when I reboot the tablet into the reinstall window.

How should I format the card? Do I just extract the files to the SD card in its "root folder".

When I copy the extracted files I get the error "Filesystem does not support symbolic links errors"?

Any advice please? Thanks, Mel

Soldato
OP
Hi,
I formatted it in FAT and after fiddling with power and volume up button (bit fiddly re timing - doesn't always seem to work!) can get it into the "Android Recovery" screen.

The file I downloaded:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tab-3-8/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Software and Utilities

from this Lenovo site is lenovo_tab_3_850f_osc_201507.tar.bz2. I downloaded 7-zip and extracted a file lenovo_tab_3_850f_osc_201507.tar

If I extract from this I get a folder called P500 which has 3 folders and 2 files in it.

I have tried putting the folder and / or its contents on to the SD card and the tablet reads them on the FAT formatted SD card but doesn't recognise them as a "package" which it can install. What sort of file is a "package"?

anybody know how I get this package please? Thanks. Mel

Soldato
OP
Hmm. mounts the disk (SD card) in the recovery screen BUT still does not recognise the bz2 file as the package. Perhaps it needs the rar file?

No tried that!

Stumped!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
just found this - Lenovo MOTO Smart Assistant (Installs on PC) - and installed. The programme recognises my "dead" tablet and goes through the process -but fails at the end. I think the problem is my tablet - which I bought in 2015, is build 61. THe website only has recovery files for build 80 and 81. and these packages won't install on my tablet!

Ah well, back in the "bits to be played with box" with the bits. I replaced it with a similar tablet - this investigation was an exercise as - what better things have I got to do in these times!!!! It would also have provided me with a spare tablet for the grandchildren when they are allowed again!

Thanks for your help Pete910.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom