Trying to set up a website. Help please.

Associate
I have just got a few domains and some web hosting with vidahost. I do not know what I am doing at all. I have googled and downloaded a pretend server program (xampp). I am trying to follow some online tutorials but I am a bit out of my depth.

Does anyone have some tips for setting up a simple website that just informs people of a service with a few click through pages and an email section?

I am trying to use Joomla but it is a bit confusing. I am not rushing to a deadline though I have a few months to do this. Should I just pay someone to do it?

Thanks Tidyworks. I have just bought a joomla book so I will read through that. I got the domain through vidahost so that should be set up ok. I just need to build my website from scratch. I am looking at some templates to use.

Well an update. I have a template up and running. I now need to change all of the content if I can find it in the back end. Luckily I am not running to a deadline.

I spent about the same. I had problems with getting the template with the sample data to install. Vidahost have been excellent with there support and sorted all that out for me. Now all I have to do is change all the data.
I will put the link up in here and everyone can see what they think.

I am gettting there with changing the menu's around and making new articles that are linked into them. My problem at the moment is finding where the 'logo' section is to change that. I know where the logo.png is so I could just save over that but it would be nice knowing where it is.

Back
Top Bottom