TT mini typhoon on gpu? (gibbo ;) )

Caporegime
I was wondering if anyone happened to have one, had tried it before.

gibbo(if you look in) could you grab one and just hold it up with a gfx card, see if it clears the pci-e/pci slots below the card or if its too big to fit. hopefully i could find some way to fit it on, zip ties or something similar.

i still can't understand why not one company that designs things for cooling haven't made a huge ass gpu cooler for the 1000's of people that have the entire area under their gfx free. i barely, if ever have pci cards in any of my builds. was thinking maybe the zalman 7000 for my x1900 but i reckon the mini typhoon could do a better job.

anyone that wants to point out the heatpipes might not work, it might not, it might. most heatpipes are design with an internal structure and stuff that kind of draws the liquid towards the source of heat, gas will obvioulsy expand in any direction so should still work fine.

Caporegime
OP
Raikiri said:
It is 130.49mm from the base to the top of the fan although you could fit another fan that would take a little less space.

space underneath shouldn't be an issue, though i guess it might be, i had been thinking more of the width, as in would the motherboard be too close rather than the bottom of the case.

i'm so suprised that with overclocking becoming far more common, cpu heatsinks becoming bigger and bigger, i would say a much higher percentage of overclockers play games/bench than they do cpu criticle tasks like server work, rendering, encoding. why hasn't the gpu cooling market taken off yet, we've got no real choice for cooling the single biggest factor in frame rates.

want to get the thermaltake armour case too, the new one with a 25cm fan in the side panel over gpu/cpu area's. tbh any case without a blowhole over cpu is just archaic now, its the single biggest help for cooling the cpu, lack of ducting in cases from blowholes is kind of a joke. dell makes cool running quiet cases due to blow holes and ducting, nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom