• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TTL Rightfully Calling Out Retailers Price Gouging

Soldato
More people in the tech scene need to do what Tom at OC3D is doing, The price gouging that certain retailers are doing is beyond disgusting.

Again please no posts that include competitors - Stelly

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Posted about this earlier, they are prolific scalpers. They don't wanna do anything about botters either, not interested at all.

Shame really as they use to be pretty good and were generally very well priced and was ideal since they weren't far from me for collection.

Sadly it's not just the shop mentioned in the video, It's basically every retailer you can think of, Minus OCUK as I've genuinely not ever seen bad prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I can't recommend pc gaming to anyone. Everyone is better off with an Xbox series X or a ps5 no question. Console + 55cx oled is cheaper in price, a significantly better visual experience and sold at retailers much more worthy of your money than a scalped 3080 and basic 1440p high refresh monitor.

Having played the re-release of Spiderman on PS5 on an LG OLED recently I have to agree, I can no longer recommend PC gaming to anyone, It's become too cost prohibitive for a basic/decent experience.

Soldato
OP
You've never seen bad prices on overclockers?

I didn't actually think retailers had fan-boys!

Guess I was wrong!

No you're misunderstanding, Relax, I've never personally seen the prices for 3070's, 80's or 90's on OCUK's store so I cannot comment on any type of bad pricing when it comes to these GPU's.

Soldato
OP
A £650 card going for £2000 is indefensible

Indeed, I had money ready to go for a 3080, Alas I missed the first round, Then it went up to 800+ for a basic model which was a no go for me as I'm not helping some retailer get his 2nd Ferarri, Same goes for the 6800XT, Pricing is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom