Tupperware, where do you get yours?

Associate
As titled really! I have quite a lot of tupperware that I got for free from Asda, some of it is looking quite tired, stained and I feel is influencing flavour.

I cook all of my own meals and bring two meals to work daily. I shouldn't be using them in the microwave so plastic should be fine. I'm tempted to get glass ones but I take my bag to the gym and cycle regularly so feel I'm asking for a breakage there.

So OcUK, especially fitness/nutrition enthusiasts, where do you get your tupperware?

Soldato
I used to use a load of 600ml square ones from supermarkets, but they were getting a bit small due to growing family, so I bought some of these;
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15649/Lakeland-10-Stack-a-Boxes-750ml
Less than a tenner for 10, and they're just the right size for family portions of chilli, spag bol sauce etc.

E:
Having noticed you take them to work, perhaps the clip-lock stuff is better for you. Not sure I'd trust the lids on these - i just use them for freezer and fridge.

And for clip-locks, look in Poundland;
http://www.poundland.co.uk/home-and...nd-storage/square-clip-lock-containers-2-pack
Two for a squid!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I used to use a load of 600ml square ones from supermarkets, but they were getting a bit small due to growing family, so I bought some of these;
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15649/Lakeland-10-Stack-a-Boxes-750ml
Less than a tenner for 10, and they're just the right size for family portions of chilli, spag bol sauce etc.

E:
Having noticed you take them to work, perhaps the clip-lock stuff is better for you. Not sure I'd trust the lids on these - i just use them for freezer and fridge.

And for clip-locks, look in Poundland;
http://www.poundland.co.uk/home-and...nd-storage/square-clip-lock-containers-2-pack
Two for a squid!

The size of the Poundland ones seems quite small but I'll definitely pop in for a visit and see what I think or if there are alternatives.

Thank you for the Lakeland suggestion, I agree these aren't suitable for work but seem great value and I can use them for fridge/freezer storage. Will definitely pick them up

Soldato
We use systema stuff for freezer, childs snacks, cereals etc and have only ever had one that didn't clip properly. Amazon were the cheapest for a while for that brand.

Liking the Lakeland boxes for the freezer, particularly at that price.

Out of interest, does anyone use any kind of pen to write on the lids of these boxes that can be wiped off and are freezer-proof?

Soldato
Ditch the cheap plastic ones and go for Pyrex glass tupperware. The improvement in flavour of food eaten from Pyrex glass tupperware excels eating from a cheap plastic container.

Also after a while the Pyrex glass tupperware still looks fresh. They're quite durable too. I've had mine for 4 years and I haven't broken mine (as long as you don't lob your bag around). I cycle occasionally with a Pyrex glass tupperware container in my bag and I have no issues.

Ditch plastic - go glass.

Associate
OP
Ditch the cheap plastic ones and go for Pyrex glass tupperware. The improvement in flavour of food eaten from Pyrex glass tupperware excels eating from a cheap plastic container.

Also after a while the Pyrex glass tupperware still looks fresh. They're quite durable too. I've had mine for 4 years and I haven't broken mine (as long as you don't lob your bag around). I cycle occasionally with a Pyrex glass tupperware container in my bag and I have no issues.

Thanks Ricochet, I'm definitely going to give this a go as I've been curious about it for some time

Associate
OP

where did you grab your pyrex stuff from? Seems cheap in america but fairly expensive here!

Back
Top Bottom