Turbografx mini announced at e3

Permabanned
I own a supergrafx with 32 games some of which are still unopened.

I don’t see the point in buying one of these because the games are just ports of arcade games except the odd one. The arcade ports like R-type and Vigilante etc were the best arcade conversions out of any other 8 or 16 bit machine in the home. This was back in 1987 - 1990. Worth owning back then.

2019...what’s the point when you can just play the arcade version on a multitude of machines. Rtype and vigilante etc etc may have been great conversions but nothing beats the arcade. I don’t see the point nowadays as the arcade beats all the conversions but back in 1987 nobody had arcade machines in there home so consoles like PC engine on grey import were the next best thing.

Hope that makes sense

Permabanned
I get what your saying but there is nothing unique about playing a certain game that is inferior to the coin op version. Pointless
Go play the arcade version which is the best not just for graphics and sound but back in those days gameplay was king. Just pointless playing a port and thats all the pc engine has is loads of arcade ports....pointless in 2019

Associate
Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on July 15 2019 (Order# 204-2272638-5179529). We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch.

"PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini (Exclusive to Amazon)"

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Soldato
Being released tomorrow according to Amazon, for anyone interested. The wireless 8bitdo controllers are available for order as well, can only find them on US Amazon though.

Soldato
Thought since you could order it I may aswell, ordered it on Thursday, arrived from Japan this morning:

Sq7V4qX.jpg

Nice. May I ask where you bought it from? Did you get stung for any tax/duty?

Being released tomorrow according to Amazon, for anyone interested. The wireless 8bitdo controllers are available for order as well, can only find them on US Amazon though.
Got my notification that it will be delivered on Saturday...

Associate
Just ordered the PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini as it's on sale at the moment and had great fun with the Snes mini recently, which I'm amazed to see has massively gone up in price from the £79.99 I paid to £269.99 or so at the same place.

I reckon these will go up in value as well in a few years. Would be great to have the Japanese PC Engine mini, but still really like the design of the UK/Euro one as well, better than the chunkier USA Turbographx 16.

Looking forward to this arriving, rented a PC Engine back in the 80's as kid, be great to finally own a version of one with 50 games on it.

Back
Top Bottom