Turkish Plane Hijacked

The hijackers are not violent and are willing to free all the passengers, apparently. They just want to make a point - possibly about the Pope's proposed visit, according to an Italian television channel.

Al Vallario said:
The hijackers are not violent and are willing to free all the passengers, apparently. They just want to make a point - possibly about the Pope's proposed visit, according to an Italian television channel.

How can someone hijack a plane non-violently?

Hijacker: "I wish to take over your plane"

Pilot: "No."

Hijacker: "I canbe very... persuasive..."

Pilot: "The answer is still no..."

Hijacker: "Very well, you leave me no choice... PLEEEASE, pretty PLEEASE. Go on, for a friend... if you cared about me you'd do it"

Pilot: "Go on then..."

cleanbluesky said:
Latest reports indicate that no one has been hurt, the hijackers do not have any weapons and are willing to give themselves up. The fact that the pilots were able to send out a mayday signal and land the plane themselves implies that the hijackers did not incapacitate them. Hijacking a plane in a non-violent manner is a pretty stupid thing to do, but not impossible ;)

One can only assume that security on board Turkish Airlines planes is not quite up to scratch, and that the hijackers responsible are... a few sandwiches short of a picnic, shall we say.

cleanbluesky said:

Hijacker: "I wish to take over your plane"

Pilot: "No."

Hijacker: "I canbe very... persuasive..."

Pilot: "The answer is still no..."

Hijacker: "Very well, you leave me no choice... PLEEEASE, pretty PLEEASE. Go on, for a friend... if you cared about me you'd do it"

Pilot: "Go on then..."

I have visions of Terry Thomas hijacking a 'plane now.

"I say old chap, wouldn't mind switching course to my chosen destination would you? Good show :D"

I would guess that the hijackers would have pretended that they had a bomb or something to one of the cabin crew, and then got the pilot to effectivly do what they want without having to have any direct contact with him.

Back
Top Bottom