TV Advice - have to purchase from Richer Sounds

Associate
Hi there.

My Hisense 55" TV has just bitten the dust and, as it was under warranty (just), Richer Sounds have given me £230.00 towards a new TV.

I was not really looking to buy a TV at the moment but my budget, including the credit, is about £800.00.

My room could definitely take a 65" TV, which would be a nice upgrade, so my current options are:

Hisense U7K or TCL C805

The problem is that if I stretch to £850.00, I could get the cheapest OLED TV, which is the Panasonic TX-55MZ800B (but still 55").

What do you think I should do?

Is the better quality but smaller screen worth it?

Soldato
Hi there.

My Hisense 55" TV has just bitten the dust and, as it was under warranty (just), Richer Sounds have given me £230.00 towards a new TV.

I was not really looking to buy a TV at the moment but my budget, including the credit, is about £800.00.

My room could definitely take a 65" TV, which would be a nice upgrade, so my current options are:

Hisense U7K or TCL C805

The problem is that if I stretch to £850.00, I could get the cheapest OLED TV, which is the Panasonic TX-55MZ800B (but still 55").

What do you think I should do?

Is the better quality but smaller screen worth it?

I recently received a last minute warranty replacement, it was either partial cash back for what I originally spent or a 65" Hisense U6K.

The U6K was a very pleasant surprise and reviews well, the U7K is better again.

MINI-LED, good HDR although obviously not on par with top tier screens. Good overall picture out of the box, the only thing of note is that I believe the UK version of the screen uses an IPS panel vs a VA (similar case with the U6) so there is a certain amount of bleed around the edges of the screen in very dark scenes.

I'd go for the U7K personally, the TLC might edge it out if you mainly game but for movies/tv the U7 should be a good step up.

Don't necessarily listen to people promoting "higher quality screens vs size" -- everyone has different expectations and in some cases the jump in real estate is going to make a bigger difference. If you were going for some ultra budget affair I'd be inclined to agree to go with the better IQ tv, but the U7 is an excellent mid range TV and going from 55" to 65" is going to be extremely noticeable.

Soldato
The OLED will be nice but you still might find a 65" looks better just because it's bigger. If you can fit 65" i'd personally go for one of the below:

Panasonic TX-65MX800B
Sony BRAVIA KD65X75WL

Associate
Check if you are registered on the Richer Sounds website.

There is an online discount for "VIP" membership.

It's like real actual VIP that costs you nothing and everyone can join.

Back
Top Bottom