TV Box - To keep or not to keep

Associate
Just mounted a 65 inch OLED TV onto the wall.
No chance of us moving house or the TV for anytime in the future - expect the TV itself to fail before we actually move.

Bought from Costco, so covered under their usual refund policy.

What is the consensus of the TV box itself? Keep or bin?
As you can appreciate with the size of the TV, the box is rather large and very awkward to keep in the side of the garage.

Associate
I've kept the box for my 55 inch LG. I only kept it because i move a lot due to my Job.

However after my next move (August) I will be ditching the box as I will not be moving again until the kids are both grown and moved out.

Soldato
I'd bin it, if you have to make a claim on warranty tell them you disposed of the packaging as you had nowhere to store a box of that size

Associate
folded the box the 75" TV came in and put it against the inside garage wall where it takes up a few mm of space. Chucked the polystyrene in the loft. Always tend to keep the packaging just in case.

Associate
Having the box saves hassle with warranty returns without a doubt. Fold up the box, stick the packing in a bag, and throw in the loft.

If money and hassle is of no concern you can easily purchase new packaging. The responsibility will be on you to get the TV to the place of return. I doubt a poorly packed TV would be covered by courier insurance or the company. The panels are easily damaged too.

Associate
Having the box saves hassle with warranty returns without a doubt. Fold up the box, stick the packing in a bag, and throw in the loft.

If money and hassle is of no concern you can easily purchase new packaging. The responsibility will be on you to get the TV to the place of return. I doubt a poorly packed TV would be covered by courier insurance or the company. The panels are easily damaged too.
I've got one of those 75" Samsungs that have a separate box for all the inputs and power which makes the panel extremely flimsy, I wouldn't fancy having to transport that in anything but the original packaging if required to.

Associate
I keep boxes for everything electronic I purchase.

You’ll never know when it might come in handy. Returns, moving house and even selling.

I know space can be an issue but maybe just break the box down, and store polystyrene somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
Returns, moving house and even selling.

Despite what some people think, boxed goods with manuals and those driver CDs, eco stickers, etc, do increase value and saleability of the item.

@the shadow i feel like im missing something, whats funny about samsung?

Lightly because he believes Samsungs are of lesser quality and more lightly to fail. Which is probably true for their cheaper lines, just like other brands. Though i'd say Samsung warranty/service/support is terrible, so keeping the box long term is long term instead is the correct thing to do.

Caporegime
Despite what some people think, boxed goods with manuals and those driver CDs, eco stickers, etc, do increase value and saleability of the item.

Lightly because he believes Samsungs are of lesser quality and more lightly to fail. Which is probably true for their cheaper lines, just like other brands. Though i'd say Samsung warranty/service/support is terrible, so keeping the box long term is long term instead is the correct thing to do.

Keeping a box is madness, my Samsung has been going strong for 5+ years now and was a cheaper model.

You can easily get a hold of a box if need be.

Soldato

ah right, i bought the s90c which i think is the 2nd best model from 2023 and its been amazing so far. I bought directly from Samsung as they was discounted by 500 on the early may bank holiday and i only got a 1 year warranty which isn't ideal but i did get the tv for a great price.

Back
Top Bottom