TV card advice needed

Associate
I'm looking to buy a TV card for use when another family member is using the TV, so it will be mainly for watching, and rarely for recording.
I dont know if i can receive digital TV from an aerial, but the TV gets analogue from the analogue receiver, and digital from the sky digibox from when we were subscribers.
But the PC is too far from the TV, and so i think i will have to use one of those crappy mini aerials in my room.

I've picked out 2 from the OCUK selection:
PowerColor ATI Theatre 550 Pro TV Tuner (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-062-PC)
Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert (Inc. Remote Control) TV Card - Retail (VE-001-LT)

If anyone has advice or info on their TV card with crappy portable aerial experience, it'd be appreciated :)

Seems like portable aerials are highly unrecommended, so i'll have to use a splitter and have a coaxial cable running through the house. Hope no-one notices the bumps under the carpet!

Unfortunately, the card you suggested is way too pricey for me.. i was having second thoughts on the powercolor card at under £60, nevermind £90!

Does anyone know if the digital channels can be received on a regular aerial?

I've got a 4ft aerial in the loft and works ok with my freeview box. I've also got a hauppauge nova-t pci and it struggles to get a decent signal. However the tv signal isn't very strong in my area. You can check here if you're in a good signal area or not.

If you're in a good signal area chances are you will not have to replace your aerial. The aerial i've got now is meant to be designed for digital tv but didn't notice much of a difference from the 15 year old aerial I had previously.

Back
Top Bottom