TV Card Gurus

Soldato
Hi Guys,

If I get the Sky HD installation people to drop a feed from the new dish they're putting in (which outputs 10 feeds) into the room where my computer is, are there TV cards that accept this feed and work just like a Sky box?

Cheers,

Tom

There is a guy who's hacked together a solution that enables you to use your Sky card in a CAM and decrypt the channels for viewing on a PC through a DVB-S card.

It's not an ideal solution, and I doubt it'd work with HD content either.

Tommy B said:
So can you get Freeview TV cards?
Yep - there're loads about. One of the best pieces of software to use is XP Media Center Edition - if you use that, any random card will do, as long as it has the necessary drivers. I use a pair of BlackGold cards.

Hiya,
Yes, there are several cards out there capable of recieving Sky :)
AFAIK, they won't recieve the premium channels though. Google for Sky TV PCI card & you'll find them.

Cheers

-Leezer-

leezer3 said:
Hiya,
Yes, there are several cards out there capable of recieving Sky :)
AFAIK, they won't recieve the premium channels though. Google for Sky TV PCI card & you'll find them.-
They'll barely receive anything, as I alluded. You need a CAM, a sky card and some bodged software to get anything more than FTA channels - which are BBC, poss ITV and a load of garbage shopping/religous channels.

Hauppage do a specific sky card that the dishes cable plugs straight into to. Alternatively you use a sky box and then a standard tv card (not freeview). I tried this last method with a hauppage freeview card and it couldnt tune into the analogue signal coming from sky box

Back
Top Bottom