TV Card Problem - No signal

Permabanned
I got a Compro VideoMate DVB-T200 Digital TV Internal PCI TV card today and I can't get it to pick up any signal. :(

I have the cable from the roof aerial plugged into the card. I have tried doing a autoscan on all settings (cable, antenna and digital TV) and it scans for ages and doesn't find anything.

I have checked freeview coverage in my area and it says I should be able to get some but not all channels. I would have thought I would be able to at least get the basic channels (bbc 1+2, itv,ch4 and 5) or does it only pick up digital channels?

Has anyone else had this problem and know if there is a way to fix it?
Thanks

Associate
lee87 said:
I got a Compro VideoMate DVB-T200 Digital TV Internal PCI TV card today and I can't get it to pick up any signal. :(

I have the cable from the roof aerial plugged into the card. I have tried doing a autoscan on all settings (cable, antenna and digital TV) and it scans for ages and doesn't find anything.

I have checked freeview coverage in my area and it says I should be able to get some but not all channels. I would have thought I would be able to at least get the basic channels (bbc 1+2, itv,ch4 and 5) or does it only pick up digital channels?

Has anyone else had this problem and know if there is a way to fix it?
Thanks

I got the same problem with the exact same card, wasn't always that way, at first go i had only a few channels then i got the latest sofware/drivers from the compro site and i got 46 channels, after that nothing, now i just get the no signal. Mine is plugged into the roof ariel and i do get freeview here, have a freeview box for the telly.

Sorry i can't help, but if you do get it sorted let me know

Soldato
uninstall the compro dtv and videomate hybrid driver, then install the latest ones off the site.
The original software allowed me 5 channels, now I get 124 channels (it picks up most channels twice).

Permabanned
OP
Thanks, i've uninstalled the old software and drivers and put the new ones on. It is now searching for channels. It hasn't found anything yet.

Permabanned
OP
I uninstalled it through the device manager
It's finished searching now and found 4 channels, only the bbc ones though. When I try to watch them it says the signal is weak and it's unwatchable. I guess i'll have to put up with it till freeview coverage is better in this area.
Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom