tv card reception

Associate
got a hauppauge tv card yesterday and managed to install it all ok and get the drivers and software installed ok. but i cant even get a good reception. i can get a good reception of sound and picture for few seconds then i loose one or both. i even went down to argos and bought a amplified digital tv aerial but still no improvement.
has any one got any recommendations? i'm loosing my rag and will probably throw the aerial out of the window by the end of the night. :confused: :mad:

Associate
OP
well originially my dad put a splitter on the roof aerial to provide tv signal for the tv in my room and the one downstairs so first off i tried that first but i couldnt even get a picture on the tv card. then i went out and bought a portable aerial with built in amplifier which is digital/freeview compatable and i can get a picture with that but instantly loose sound. which i'm presuming is down to lack of signal.

Associate
OP
yeah. but i remember when i used to have a freeview box, i plugged it in downstairs and got all the channels, plug in in my room on tv and get few channels and bad picture.

last night i got perfect sound and picture on all channels via tv card. now this morning, turn my pc on to find that the channels are more stop start again!!!!

i dont know whether to take this aerial back and try another one or what.

Associate
OP
well on my desk i've got two tfts, pc, speakers, wiresless keyboard and mouse.

but i was able to get a good picture last night when the aerial was right next to my desk so i never considered it.

tried a new aerial today from comet, thought id try one of the most expensive biggest name ones, and i got a worse picture with that than the cheaper one i tried yesterday.

running out of ideas and patiences of moving the aerial around non stop. so tedious!

and paul -c- the weather was good on saturday night, wasnt windy but on sunday morning the weather wasnt that bad. sunny and not that windy.

Back
Top Bottom