TV firms propose election debates

Soldato
Dimbleby: "To Mr Brown, this question is from Peggy in Liverpool - 'Dear Mr Brown do you think that your surname reminding the voters of poo damanges your chance of another term in office"

Mr Brown "Well my surname might be **** but at least I've not been talking it for the last 3 years like Mr Cameron"

etc....................................

Would be interesting though I have to say.

Permabanned
Re the TV debate, I'd be all for it if Nick Griffin were allowed to appear for the BNP as well.

A debate between three members of the LibLabCon party is rather pointless though, just theatre and giving the illusion of choice.

Man of Honour
It could work if members of the public were allowed to use cattle prods on them if they failed to answer a question within one minute. Actually the public should just be allowed to use cattle prods on them.

M

Soldato
I have watched the US one when I can.

I believe it helps to have the candidates offer a debate. From my stand point, I would be happy if it happened.

A debate I'd welcome, but does that really ever happen, I mean look at PMQ's it's like a pair of five year olds exchanging childish insults. Really cringe-worthy stuff, the exact same happens on Question Time. If they do this, they should have some clear rules a bit like on OCUK lol
-No personal insults
-No party insults
-Stick to policies
-No avoiding answers - directly answer the question put to you

If that happened it would be awesome, but alas it won't:mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it would be good. Did anyone see Dave Cameron on Andrew Marr this morning? Absolutely hilarious, would be much more interesting if Brown and Clegg had been in the room.

Back
Top Bottom