Tv licence fee, time to get rid?

Associate
I for one think the TV License offers brilliant value for money, the news coverage is worth £150 a year on its own when compared with the dross you see on a Sky News, CNN, Fox etc. etc.

Man of Honour
I think the licence fee should be put to bed, make the BBC rely on advertising like every other free view broadcaster, money wasted on tat like Atlantis. Thoughts please

So your answer to the BBC being bad is to do the one thing guaranteed to make it worse? I barely watch TV at all (about five hours a week), and mostly watch BBC4 when I do, but I'm still happy to fork out the trivial amount of money concerned just to not get adverts. Whatever the faults of the BBC, it is still vastly better than all the commercial channels.

Permabanned
Yes I hate the TV License. I don't need a license but I get constant harassment via the post and guys at the door, it's criminal. I told them I don't need a license and they said 'people who say that usually lie so we're coming in your house' but they can't legally do that so I'm not letting them in. BBC are criminals.

I also put the BT Line Rental in the same category - I had to start paying £15/month just to find out what broadband service I could get - I don't even use the land line. BT are criminals.

tnx

tnx

Associate
I also put the BT Line Rental in the same category - I had to start paying £15/month just to find out what broadband service I could get - I don't even use the land line. BT are criminals.

You can get Virgin Media BB without line rental. Never looked at the pricing though.

Caporegime
yea virgin media rang me up and told me I don't need the phone for BB and wanted to me to get rid of the phone because I don't use it.

does it cost them money if I'm not making calls or something? why would theyb want me to get rid and save money?

or maybe they get more profit form people who don't use phones and only use the BB because of the higher bb price with no phone?

Caporegime
I for one think the TV License offers brilliant value for money, the news coverage is worth £150 a year on its own when compared with the dross you see on a Sky News, CNN, Fox etc. etc.

I had to............. LOL

haha bbc news is one of the most biased I ever saw just look at the reporting they do on conflicts like syria

Agreed! BBC is utter tripe

Soldato
I think the option not to be able to receive BBC channels should be available and then no TV licence. Surely with modern technology that's not beyond the wit of man?

For the programs the BBC make that I watch I'd happily give their channels up if it meant I no longer had to pay the licence fee.

Associate
I think the option not to be able to receive BBC channels should be available and then no TV licence. Surely with modern technology that's not beyond the wit of man?

For the programs the BBC make that I watch I'd happily give their channels up if it meant I no longer had to pay the licence fee.

I agree, no bbc would make no difference to my life at all.

Soldato
Just looked here

http://store.virginmedia.com/broadband/compare-broadband/30mb.html

It seems slightly cheaper to take Virgin Media BB without a phone line. Not a whole lot cheaper though.

Yup, its a bit of a rip off, especially if like me, you get poor (at best) cable stability issues. I don't have a land line anymore. It used to feel it was a standard requirement in my life, but now I really don't have a need for it as I use my mobile for all communications.

Caporegime

they would likely lose half of the people paying for tv licenses straight away if not more so it's unlikely to ever happen...

Associate
After abandoning F1 and now Motogp I'm left paying to just watch Top Gear and unlike Sky or Virgin, it's not up to me if I pay or not.

Soldato

They would NEVER do that,Would hurt their £££.

TV license is a ripoff though,Who the hell wants to pay for constant adds,breaks in movies ever 20 mins or so then bits cut out of the movie.

What i think is wrong too,If you have a subscription based TV service like Virgin or Sky..which you pay a monthly fee for,You should NOT have to pay TV license on top...because are we not already paying for the adds in our TV subscription?

Its all a load of crap just greed,typical of everything in the UK . :mad:

Back
Top Bottom