TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
That guy is going go along blindly following what the BBC/Capita tell him so he isn't bullied or harrased..... That seems like a cult or dictatorship but the beeb have no power so...? The BBC should be deplatformed as others have said, it is so off target for its supposed demographic.

Soldato
Capodecina
Soldato
Yeah I remember the days when the government funded them but the Tories took that funding away. Well done Tories!

I cant wait for the day when they stop the free travel pass for pensioners and everyone will blame the bus companies instead of the body that actually stopped funding it.
Come come, be fair; Govey and Moggy can't afford the TV Licence or a bus pass, why should anyone else get them free?

Soldato
The TVL is totally out of date now. Back when BBC was the only option for TV and Radio and then the intro of ITV and Channel 4 it was already looking like a relic of days gone by. Now with so many other options for viewing the TVL is pretty much redundant.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
My 2 years is up. Received letter today morning stating that i need to inform BBC if i need a license or not.

Should i avoid or just fill the damn form online and get on with it?

Soldato
You don't need to tell them.

Assuming you don't watch TV broadcasts, you have the option of either throwing away the monthly letter they'll send you, or sign their form online.

Man of Honour
My 2 years is up. Received letter today morning stating that i need to inform BBC if i need a license or not.

If you don't need a license there is absolutely no requirement to tell them. Doing so may stop them sending you letters or visits. But there is no requirement for you to do so. If they do visit to check then don't let them in. Just close the door.

Permabanned
Ok its your FAV DM :D, but it was not when I seen it on my Android phone (left swipe home screen/news thingy) the other day and I just remembered now and Googled and it was the 1st link.

"Would YOU pay £400 a year for the BBC? Viewers call director-general Tim Davie's bluff and tell him to 'drop licence fee and offer annual subscription' after he claimed content would cost three times as much if it operated like Netflix"

• Each hour of BBC TV watched by a household costs around 9p, broadcaster said
    • An 'equivalent' streaming service 'consumed by the household' costs around 15p
    • It added for pay TV services the cost started at well over 50p an hour, on average
    • The BBC report also said there was 'unprecedented competition' for audiences

BBC is TWICE value of Netflix and would cost £400-a-year as a subscription service, Tim Davie claims | Daily Mail Online

Caporegime
all those fools not paying a tv license and paying for netflix instead :D

I wonder what value he assigns to twitch and youtube if they went subscription only

Soldato
If people want to pay £400 a year to watch pointless let them lol. I got a cheque yesterday from cancelling my TV licence. Think I might frame it.

Associate
If people want to pay £400 a year to watch pointless let them lol. I got a cheque yesterday from cancelling my TV licence. Think I might frame it.

How long did it take in the end can I ask. I got stuck in a loop, them asking me to confirm that I don't watch any live tv(as I included on the form), to asking what date I stopped watching live tv, and then back to confirming I don't watch any live tv.

All of these details were included on my claim form.

Soldato
How long did it take in the end can I ask. I got stuck in a loop, them asking me to confirm that I don't watch any live tv(as I included on the form), to asking what date I stopped watching live tv, and then back to confirming I don't watch

All of these details were included on my claim form.

It took 3 months to sort out! I tried and tried the online form but got no reply. I cancelled the direct debt in the end and shock horror I got a reply lol.

Soldato
It is not worth £400 a year lol, not even close. If the BBC vanished not many people under about 70 would really care all that much.

They don't bid for any of the best shows anymore, or much sport. So what exactly is worth paying for? News? lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok its your FAV DM :D, but it was not when I seen it on my Android phone (left swipe home screen/news thingy) the other day and I just remembered now and Googled and it was the 1st link.

"Would YOU pay £400 a year for the BBC? Viewers call director-general Tim Davie's bluff and tell him to 'drop licence fee and offer annual subscription' after he claimed content would cost three times as much if it operated like Netflix"

• Each hour of BBC TV watched by a household costs around 9p, broadcaster said
    • An 'equivalent' streaming service 'consumed by the household' costs around 15p
    • It added for pay TV services the cost started at well over 50p an hour, on average
    • The BBC report also said there was 'unprecedented competition' for audiences

BBC is TWICE value of Netflix and would cost £400-a-year as a subscription service, Tim Davie claims | Daily Mail Online

Netflix doesn't commission cheap content like Bargain Hunt. A lot of the day time TV offerings would be better served by Youtube type providers for example Harry's Farm Vs Countryfile, travel documentaries (I recall a dreadful canal boat series about 10 years ago. What were they thinking? Delos and Ruby Rose and much better sailing channels on Youtube.) The good thing with Youtube is people literally vote with their time.

I would consider subscribing to a informative only BBC. Live News and science documentaries. Scripted content is better served by the private sector.

You will use up a lot less of your life just filling it online from the Occupier.

Back
Top Bottom