TV Licence Super Thread

Associate
New letter asking if I will be in on 1st June as they may come on the 1st June "or another day" eh? They also make a visit every 6 seconds, not sure if I can tell them to P*** off that quick. LOL

1a5PL2X.jpg

0XpXGqO.jpg

7sPaarg.jpg

Reactions: KIA
Permabanned
Now post it back to them addressed to the company - with a follow up address of OCUK 2 one of the mods. :D

Ask the TV licence company that they MUST respond within 28 days otherwise you will pay their HQ a visit with a on the spot fine of £150 asking why can't you write below that line.

Soldato
Clearly in the minority but i dont see the problem myself. If you dont watch or record TV or iplayer etc then you have nothing to worry about... let them come and check.

I guess they did their homework and know that there are enough people not paying to make it worth their while employing some people to check.

and I am not judging those not paying........ I would be lying if i said i had never watched something i had not properly paid for..... but at the same time IF you choose to do that you know you are technically in the wrong, and so are not in a position to complain for them trying to catch you out.

As for woke lefties etc (or the flip side of "offensive comedy" etc)....... I dunno, i am not qualified enough to judge as i dont watch what does not interest me (as opposed to watching and moaning about it)................ but stuff like their natural history content and anything by people like Brian Cox etc as well as their drama like line of duty or their comedy I think is A grade quality - and is worthy of a few pennies from me.

I do agree it is wrong how much they pay some presenters etc. I dont care if it is Gary Lineker or who ever presenting a sports program. I am sure there are plenty of other ex players or just decent presenters who know their stuff just fine and would accept a far lower salary.

Soldato
If you dont watch or record TV or iplayer etc then you have nothing to worry about... let them come and check.
No, you should ignore them. They are sales people who earn commission for TV licence sales or prosecution referrals, there's an incentive for them to lie, so you shouldn't let them check anything.

Soldato
BBC seems to want to further alienate it's GenX audience - cancelling BBC four (and R four extra) with just online presence and keeping diverse BBC three, 1000 jobs to go too,
probably saving some Kwhrs at the transmitter if they can remove a mux.

If I hear another add for Just friends too, although that seems to have been a joint development with Hulu , so maybe the license payer is not too burdened.

Soldato
Clearly in the minority but i dont see the problem myself. If you dont watch or record TV or iplayer etc then you have nothing to worry about... let them come and check.
I used to think like you and soon leaned how wrong that is. For the first few years I had no problem. Then just like with many other people they turned nasty and they caused massive problems. Saying you have nothing to worry about has been proven wrong time and time again by a large number of people like the reporter who had a hidden camera and filmed inside a job interview. Never let them in. They lie and break the law to earn extra sales.

Would you let a sales person in from Microsoft or Google to check you are not using there products, would you let then search your home? What about Dyson? How can anyone think that is normal.

Soldato
I used to think like you and soon leaned how wrong that is. For the first few years I had no problem. Then just like with many other people they turned nasty and they caused massive problems. Saying you have nothing to worry about has been proven wrong time and time again by a large number of people like the reporter who had a hidden camera and filmed inside a job interview. Never let them in. They lie and break the law to earn extra sales.

Would you let a sales person in from Microsoft or Google to check you are not using there products, would you let then search your home? What about Dyson? How can anyone think that is normal.
yeah when you put it like that I see your point .

Soldato
BBC seems to want to further alienate it's GenX audience - cancelling BBC four (and R four extra) with just online presence and keeping diverse BBC three, 1000 jobs to go too,
probably saving some Kwhrs at the transmitter if they can remove a mux.

If I hear another add for Just friends too, although that seems to have been a joint development with Hulu , so maybe the license payer is not too burdened.
I can't believe BBC4 is being ditched, I've just heard about it getting the bullet. I can sort of understand CBBC winding down, how many kids watch kids TV now with all the on demand content platforms?

In my day you used to have to make do with a brief couple of hours once school was finished to see kids shows on the TV ;).

I suppose it'll be a case of waiting to see what filters through BBC 1 and 2 now, I'd be happy to get rid of the license if the shows I enjoyed on there are lost.

Soldato
I can't believe BBC4 is being ditched, I've just heard about it getting the bullet. I can sort of understand CBBC winding down, how many kids watch kids TV now with all the on demand content platforms?

In my day you used to have to make do with a brief couple of hours once school was finished to see kids shows on the TV ;).

I suppose it'll be a case of waiting to see what filters through BBC 1 and 2 now, I'd be happy to get rid of the license if the shows I enjoyed on there are lost.

They stopped making original content for BBC4 several years ago its nothing more than a channel for repeats of TOTP 1980 and whatnot now nothing more than a video player for their archives and as such its time it was put out of its misery. Infact time to knock the whole corporation on the head theres almost nothing worth watching anymore I spend more time watching Youtube content these days the former 4 content providers seemed to have decamped there with professional broadcast quality content from Dan Snow and the like since the BBC discarded them like used toilet paper. Rather that than whatever wokefest nonsense the Beeb is dishing up.

Soldato

I don't think there is one show on there I can name. I remember flicking onto that canal boat nonsense once in a while. What shows will you miss?

Soldato
I don't think there is one show on there I can name. I remember flicking onto that canal boat nonsense once in a while. What shows will you miss?
Off the top of my head there's the Storyville series and The Art of series that are shown on there that I enjoy. Then there's the odd programme I stumble upon like the truffle hunters documentary that was on recently and I saw one about called the eye of the storm about the Scottish artist James Morrison on there. I can't seem to find that one online apart from to buy/rent so I'm going to order the DVD.

Back
Top Bottom