TV Mount Recommendation Needed

Associate
Hi all

I have a 50" TV that needs to be mounted to a studded wall and I'm stumped on which mount to get. I only need a mount that tilts.

The TV is: Samsung EU50AU7100KXXU

Any recommendations in the sub £100 range would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Man of Honour
Every LCD LED set I've ever installed has used a standard screw hole layout called VESA mount. When you get to 32" and larger, the hole spacing is in multiples of 100mm.

My 50" Panasonic is VESA 400 X 200, so a screw hole at the corners of a rectangle 400mm wide by 200mm high. All regular TV brackets will accommodate this.

When it comes to the tilt mech there are two common designs. One has the tilt pivot point in the center of each vertical arm. That's fine if you want to tilt the screen up instead of down (c'mon, who does that?), but it does leave the TV sticking out of the wall a bit.

The other type has the tilt point fixed on the bottom rail of the bracket. The top rail is where all the movement is placed. This is neater. Here's an example: LINK

The build quality on most of these brackets isn't anything to write home about. They do the job, and once out of sight then they're out of mind.

Get some decent fixings for your wall. Standard screws will do where your fixings hit the wooden(?) battens supporting the plasterboard face. Grippit fixings for bits of board that sound hollow behind.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom