TV-Out

Associate
Got given a crappy Dell machine by work (am I allowed to say Dell?), 1.8 Celeron, some sort of proprietary Intel 845 motherboard with onboard everything, but it fits nicely in the stand under my TV. I want to use it to play divx stuff, but obviously it doesnt have TV-out capabilities. The case isnt standard ATX either, but it has one PCI slot available, which would allow me to fit a half-height card in there. whats the cheapest way for me to get TV-out (S-video) on this machine?

Thanks

Associate
A pci Geforce MX4000 here would do the job. by the look of it, it comes with a full height backplate. I've got a simular pc i use with my tv and to get it to fit in the case i unscrewed the backplate and just using the agp connector to hold it in. As long as the pc isn't moved around too much it should be fine unless you can get hold of a half height backplate.

Associate
Older ati cards also had quite good tv-out capabilties.
It probably wouldn't be much hassle to remove said full height plate from the card and cut it down slightly bend the top over and put a slot in it there you have your half height bracket. I've not done this yet but intend to soon with one of my little projects.

Back
Top Bottom