TV size - 10ft viewing distance

Associate
Hi guys, looking for some suggestions on what size TV to get with a viewing distance of 10ft. I was originally thinking 55 however I think I'd always be wishing I had gone bigger :D

The sofa is just over 10ft away from the wall and this is a mock up of the LG 65C8 which is one of the TV's i'm looking at. Too big, too small or the right size?

Also, any views on the LG C8 - Any other models I should be considering at this price point?

20190408-212602.jpg

Associate
OP
I’d be so tempted to use a projector instead. That walls made for it!

Ha that did cross my mind however the room opens out to a conservatory so there would be too much light during the day. Then it means having a pull down screen hidden in the ceiling and it gets rather costly. Definitely an option for the future though :D

Associate
OP
I sit like 6ft away from a 65 inch.
I wouldn't want to go further way.

Where as other people I've shown the picture to think I'm crazy going as big as 65" :D lol. Trouble is the LGC8 77" in £5.5k which is crazy so I'll go 65" and see how I get on . Can always look into adding a projector for movies further down the line.

Associate
OP
I am tempted with the C8 however the guys over on avforums and a number of reviews seem to suggest they are pretty much identical in terms of picture quality and not worth the additional cost of £460.

Associate
OP
I was in the same situation as the op but was coming from plasma and really wanted the same and better picture but in end didn't want the headaches of babysitting a TV, due to image retention or burn in. Also wanted a large screen above 65 inches and 77 inches oled are stupid prices. I did have my heart set on a Samsung 82 inch but the image was terrible when I went to view it. So I checked other tvs and the 75 inch Sony xf9005 won clearly and the best upgrade in years for me and don't miss the plasma one bit.

Also op 65 inch is too small for the area you have and also light there so a 65 inch oled is not really right. Go see the 75 inch xf9005 you will fall for it and see it next to an oled 65 inch. You will be glad you did.

Thanks Purgatory but decided to go to 65" for now which I think will be fine for day to day viewing and may look into adding a projector further down the line If I feel it's needed. The picture was taken at night with the lights on so in normal use they would be dimmed right down or off.

Back
Top Bottom