TVs and going obsolete

Soldato
So I've got an OLED TV (BX mind you) and when I'm thinking of the tv, it's got lots of great things, excellent colour, 4k, HDR, quality black levels, 55", HDMI 2.1, 120Hz.

When would a TV like that really be obsolete? The only justification I can see to upgrade in the future would be if I were to move and the room needed a bigger TV, but to be fair every house I've looked at a 55" seems more than adequate.

Every year LG brings a new TV out, as does all manufacturers, and their media just screns buy me, and can easily make someone want to buy the TV.

Soldato
OP
I do have to accept that there is now a slight noticeable lack of "pop" in HDR, I used the Japan 4k HDR videos on youtube, seems like the best HDR experience :s, it's so minute, I'm comparing it to my Galaxy S20 Ultra which is much brighter. But thinking what I could have got for 950, and then thinking of the contrast, those full blacks, far outweigh any additional brightness of a similar priced LED TV.

Soldato
OP
My 55" is about 6ft away from the sofa, if I had it lengthways it would be more like 15ft and the TV would be microscopic :p And the subwoofer wouldn't be able to be placed anywhere in the room due to rubbish room response.

Back
Top Bottom