• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Two DP ports stopped working on my RTX 4090

Soldato
I've just got back from an evening out to find that two of the DP ports on my Zotac Gaming RTX 4090 have stopped working. The bottom-most DisplayPort and the HDMI port still work, but the top two do not. It's late and I really don't need the hassle right now. I've tried the basics of switching cables around, noting that the missing monitors are not detected in Display Settings, and a reboot but I'm going to leave more strenuous troubleshooting until tomorrow. Before I start tomorrow, has anyone seen this behaviour before and if so, what was your solution?

Soldato
OP
I got punked. More swapping of cables found that the problem is actually that one of my cables is failing and will transmit a 60 Hz signal but not a 120 Hz signal. The GPU got very confused by this.

I hope this helps someone down the line.

Back
Top Bottom