Two Point Hospital

Caporegime
This doesn't seem to be a game with much replay value, once you 3 star every Hospital that's it, so I'm going back to spam research and try to get the value of each Hospital up as high as possible so it counts towards the achievement.

Soldato
The transaction is still in Euro's even if you change the currency on the website. The credit card fee for Euro transactions is likely to only be small but some banks/cards have a minimum charge.

Not for me it wasn't, I changed it to GBP and that's how I was charged, not in Euros.

Soldato
i don't see why you need to improve previous hospitals. what does it give you? i 3 star all mine so far before i start the next. i went back to my second once i hit university, as the second one was so cash rich i made 3 research rooms, filled with 5 doctors in each and researched everything in no time. but i don't get what else i can do at this hospital other than no deaths so that i get all end of year awards.

I like to try and max out the hospital - i.e. raise the hospital level as high as I can (netting the largest amount of incoming patients) and then try to get it running as smoothly as possible - low queues, high cure rates etc.

Soldato
I'm onto Grockle Bay now after the mess that was Duckworth and would you believe it? - Everything is going absolutely smoothly right off the bat. The influx of patients is manageable right now as my reputation hasn't maxxed out. If it does get too high I simply increase the prices for a while. All my staff are behaving well normal and I am not surrounded by death for once. Even the layout of the wards aren't half bad!

Soldato
Not for me it wasn't, I changed it to GBP and that's how I was charged, not in Euros.
Check your credit card statement. I made my first purchase using a Tesco Mastercard, went through the shop with GBP and order was for Two Point Hospital at £15.31, charged £15.73 as the transaction was in Euros and Tesco charged a 2.75% fee. Made a second purchase for FM2019 and purchase price was £23.83 using a Halifax Clarity card and charge was £24.01 due to a shift in the exchange rate rather than a foreign transaction fee.

Soldato
Check your credit card statement. I made my first purchase using a Tesco Mastercard, went through the shop with GBP and order was for Two Point Hospital at £15.31, charged £15.73 as the transaction was in Euros and Tesco charged a 2.75% fee. Made a second purchase for FM2019 and purchase price was £23.83 using a Halifax Clarity card and charge was £24.01 due to a shift in the exchange rate rather than a foreign transaction fee.

I purchased it using PayPal, I have been charged the exact price I was quoted in GBP at checkout. The transaction shows in GBP on my PayPal account. I've made foreign currency purchases with PayPal before and on those occasions it shows on my PayPal account in that currency, and then when I go into the transaction it shows exchange rate details and stuff, but that is not the case here, I've definitely been charged in GBP.

Soldato
This game is such a bloody time sink. Went on for a quick game at 8pm and only just left it.

Just finished smogsy on two stars because I ran out of time. Onto duckworth!

Also loved the sly digs at brexit by the announcers, really made me double take a couple of times.

Man of Honour
This game is such a bloody time sink. Went on for a quick game at 8pm and only just left it.

Just finished smogsy on two stars because I ran out of time. Onto duckworth!

Also loved the sly digs at brexit by the announcers, really made me double take a couple of times.

The announcements are great. I was impressed Saturday morning when over the tannoy came an announcement 'good morning'. I love that attention to detail.

Associate
Picked this up at the weekend, ive not had a chance to play it loads yet but im about to 3 star hospital number 2, damn i love this game. They have totally nailed it, we need a Two Point Theme Park next!

Soldato
Grockle Bay 3 starred VERY easily in a few hours, the layout of the wards is quite easy to work with and I only needed to open 2 additional wards. I had zero patient hoardes unlike the previous maps and the only real irritation was the viral outbreaks, which I'd just abort right away as they were a waste of time and I could afford the -10 rep hit. Not sure what comes next but I imagine it'll be another warm map!

Last edited:
Don
We've already had a relatively recent re-work of DK though, in War for the Overworld - which was a very worthy remake of the original concept (even using the same voice actor!).

Back
Top Bottom