** TWO STUNNERS FROM SAMSUNG!! **

Soldato
Thanks PCM2, I'm more worried about the contrast and ips glow, coming from a really good NEC TN panel I wouldn't like to make a compromise on those for the money paid.
Not really bothered about response times that much as I'm not a competitive gamer anymore and just play BF4 very occasionaly these days.

Unfortunately I couldn't make out the level of PLS glow in showroom conditions. A user report suggests it is reduced compared to typical 27" PLS models but isn't 'glow free'. Hopefully that means that it's quite good from a normal viewing position, but I'd have to see it myself to really judge.

Soldato
It's a completely different panel. Not even manufactured by the same company! The 27" uses a Samsung PLS panel whereas the 32" version uses an AU Optronics AMVA+ panel. Apples and oranges.

I stand corrected ! That is downright misleading given the model numbers.

The Golgafrinchans had the right idea when it comes to dealing with anyone from marketing.

Thug
Soldato
It's a completely different panel. Not even manufactured by the same company! The 27" uses a Samsung PLS panel whereas the 32" version uses an AU Optronics AMVA+ panel. Apples and oranges.

But I don't think ICEx21 has anything to worry about. Samsung have nit had any review samples available, which is why there aren't any reviews floating about currently from UK reviewers. I've seen it at IFA and honestly think you'll love it. I will be reviewing it when Samsung have samples, but it's brand new and in fact OcUK are one of the few places in the UK that actually have stock currently.

Which one is better to get for quality and gaming?

Associate
Which one is better to get for quality and gaming?

bigger is better right?

Personally I'd go the 32" every time as I like RTS games so I get an awful lot of coverage for CoH etc, Far Cry 3 looked beautiful maxed out on it when I loaded it up yesterday though. I will get round to posting pics and stuff, but probably not until Monday now :(

Associate
32 inch @ £480? The 27 inch Dell U2713H costs £530!??

What gives? Seems too good to be true- which means it usually is?

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, bought my 27" version last week. DPD delivered it today (don't get me started on DPD's rubbish service).

Unfortunately, upon setting the monitor up, it seems to have 1, maybe 2 dead pixels :( so have emailed Overclockers about that and am hoping for a replacement.

In the mean time, thought some folk might like to see it set up for size comparison (it's sat next to my 13" macbook pro for scale), it's not the best picture, but might help others with seeing how large the 27" is (plenty big enough in my book).

Other than the dead pixels, it's lovely! I'm a graphic designer, so this will mostly be used for work.

kLktXPa.jpg.png

Associate
No, sorry, that's my cursor.

You won't be able to see them on here I don't think. There's one on the left side, between the middle and bottom of the screen. And one on the right side, between the middle and top of the screen (not entirely sure if this one is a dead pixel, it's like a tiny dark fuzzy mark on the other side of the screen).

Associate
Update: Apparently two dead pixels does not a fault make. So I guess I have a slightly less than perfect monitor. Still, it's lovely otherwise. I just resent spending over £400 for what I deem to be a slightly damaged monitor. First time buying from overclockers, too. :(

Soldato
Update: Apparently two dead pixels does not a fault make. So I guess I have a slightly less than perfect monitor. Still, it's lovely otherwise. I just resent spending over £400 for what I deem to be a slightly damaged monitor. First time buying from overclockers, too. :(

You have 7 days to return it regardless

Personally, I class one dead pixel as a fault and would return it.

Associate
You have 7 days to return it regardless

Personally, I class one dead pixel as a fault and would return it.

I bought a cheap tablet from OcUK to mess about with and it had a bright red stuck pixel near the centre of the screen. Apparantly it needs to be 3 or more dead/stuck pixels for it to be classed as faulty. Luckily it has pretty much sorted itself now and i'm glad it wasn't expensive.

Soldato
If the monitor is semi-glossy, does that mean you at least don't get your outline in the screen when it's on? Any examples of semi-glossy anywhere?

Soldato
If the monitor is semi-glossy, does that mean you at least don't get your outline in the screen when it's on? Any examples of semi-glossy anywhere?

You can see how the screen looks both on and off in my review of the BL3200PT (see signature for website). 'Semi-glossy' really just refers to a very light matte surface. Once you turn the thing on you don't see outlines of objects unless you're viewing very dark content and the room is rather bright. Under such conditions a normal matte screen would be affected by an obvious dulling haze anyway.

Soldato
You can see how the screen looks both on and off in my review of the BL3200PT (see signature for website). 'Semi-glossy' really just refers to a very light matte surface. Once you turn the thing on you don't see outlines of objects unless you're viewing very dark content and the room is rather bright. Under such conditions a normal matte screen would be affected by an obvious dulling haze anyway.

Excellent response as always PCM2!

Thank you for your help :)

Soldato
Question for anyone who has the 27", does it emit a buzzing noise? I'm about to RMA a B276HUL I bought from OcUK for this reason, but apparently it's a fairly common problem with the Acer so am looking at alternatives.

Associate
Ordered Mine Yesterday, Got a call today from DHL that its here! That's One day to Cyprus.
Couldn't pick It up today as I'd already got commitments Looking forward to Playing tomorrow once I get it home.

Back
Top Bottom