Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
Also Mikehiow has decided to buy a DC2, I'm expecting many posts on the owners club of his 'expertise' - I am curious as to why he hasn't gone for an ex race EK9 though

Caporegime
Depends on the roads the commute takes you on :)

Well indeed, 80 miles of B roads would be impressive. But I know he drives in and out of Milton Keynes, old FD was a Honda fan and got an FN2 to commute to the new office about 50 miles a day. Hated its lack of go and it's buzz so he traded it for a Diesel A4

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Mikehiow has decided to buy a DC2

ohlawd.gif

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Well I commute albeit once a week 150 miles each way, so a 300 mile round trip (up one day back the next) in an S2000 and it's just fine for it :)

It's what I bought the car for :)

Don
Previous owner was female and married (can tell by the scratches from the wedding ring :p) so here's my much needed first mod.

I think it looks loads better.

Took some battering to get off though and my hands are killing now!

You probably did it wrong :p There is a lock nut at the bottom that has to be turned in the opposite direction first. You could have just refurbished your knob too, rather than replacing. I did it last week and got great results :)

Soldato
Yeah, the locking nut was well away from the knob and still wouldn't budge so had to take some mole grips to it. If that can be repaired then I may just do that and sell it. The new part only cost me £20 quid delivered and I prefer the look of the new one :)

Soldato
Well indeed, 80 miles of B roads would be impressive. But I know he drives in and out of Milton Keynes, old FD was a Honda fan and got an FN2 to commute to the new office about 50 miles a day. Hated its lack of go and it's buzz so he traded it for a Diesel A4

80 miles of dual carriage way pretty much.

Soldato
Also Mikehiow has decided to buy a DC2, I'm expecting many posts on the owners club of his 'expertise' - I am curious as to why he hasn't gone for an ex race EK9 though

Er, where is he and how did you find that out, itr-dc2 I presume (wonders off for a looksy) ?

Also, lol at all these gearknobs needing polishing/overhauling...... DC2 Titanium knobs look great still after all these years :p:D

Caporegime
Yeah, the locking nut was well away from the knob and still wouldn't budge so had to take some mole grips to it. If that can be repaired then I may just do that and sell it. The new part only cost me £20 quid delivered and I prefer the look of the new one :)

That looks like the S2000 one, my gfs old man does woodturning so 10mins on a lathe and mine was nice and shiny.

549187_10151412573885363_1993397498_n.jpg

Wouldnt take much to get that one similar - and you'd get a nice weight saving y0

Back
Top Bottom