Type R and VTEC owners

OcUK Staff
Not trying.... :p 'a' previous post, you mean every single ONE.

Anything with 3 letters seems to GET caps which is just bonkers NOT to mention THE grammar.

I've never said my grammar is good, its terrible, we can't all be masters of the English language.

I'm not going anywhere so your just gonna have to put up with my strange use of caps and poor grammar at times. :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Previous owner was female and married

typergear.jpg

i got the fd2 knob the other week, its much nicer imo.

you've made a right mess of that old one though :p

Soldato
Dont fancy changing down gear everytime there is a 2% gradient :p

I hate to be the one to break this but every Type-R will require to be on song on high cam when going up a hill ;)

Sticking a supercharger on an FN2 is silly in my eyes. A waste of money that you'll never get back and cranking up straight line speed is not what these cars should be about, you need to have them setup to handle as well as possible before messing around with engine mods that don't give you that much extra for the incredible costs involved.

Caporegime
Any ideas on some decent US websites for brake pads?

Got a personal courier planned soon so after some pads in addition to some OEM parts

Soldato
I hate to be the one to break this but every Type-R will require to be on song on high cam when going up a hill ;)

Sticking a supercharger on an FN2 is silly in my eyes. A waste of money that you'll never get back and cranking up straight line speed is not what these cars should be about, you need to have them setup to handle as well as possible before messing around with engine mods that don't give you that much extra for the incredible costs involved.

They are not really as bad as everyone makes out are they?
Nearly every car i have owned has had a complete suspension makeover, cant imagine i would be any different with a Civic.

Soldato
Without having a good look about to see what others have done or recommended i would probably just look at Eibachs and go from there.
Don't know enough about them to make that call but would certainly look into it more when i come to purchase one.

Soldato
Without having a good look about to see what others have done or recommended i would probably just look at Eibachs and go from there.
Don't know enough about them to make that call but would certainly look into it more when i come to purchase one.

So you're going to lower it bcos racecar?

Look into adjustable suspension parts, possibly dampers (although Honda OEM should be good), but ideally ensure you can adjust the toe (should be OEM), camber F+R, Castor even?

Improve the brake pads, put in some good fluid (ATE), braided hoses and see if you can get a brake stopper brace.

Mabye look at shedding some weight from her lardy butt.

All of this should come before frittering away money on a supercharger.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom