Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
:cool: indeed

i reckon it will be a little louder when a new bpipe is in there but i cant see it being as loud as people have made out.

I guess the internet scaremongering of it being the loudest thing ever were off the mark.

Caporegime
:cool: indeed

i reckon it will be a little louder when a new bpipe is in there but i cant see it being as loud as people have made out.

I guess the internet scaremongering of it being the loudest thing ever were off the mark.

Did they do a 'Street' and 'Race' version of the N1 on the K series? I've heard the 'Race' one on a B series with no CAT and mid silencer and it was lol-loud. But I'm sure there was a quieter version for the 'Street'.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
afaik all EP3 N1s are the same.

they did an older version which doesnt have the spoon plaque but i dont think there are any other revisions.

it may just be quieter on my car as i have a cat and the restrictive oem silenced pipe still.

not noticed any rasp from it at high revs, more just grumbles on the overrun when shifting down.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The B-Pipe aside from the manifold is the most restrictive part so the sound difference could be dramatic. They say the OEM backbox would be fine for up to 300bhp. That said I put a Magnex OEM looking back box on mine and it sounded perfect. Like it should have from the factory IMO.

You should hear the full Spoon system in person though. It's crazy.

Soldato
Getting the new brakes on tomorrow, nothing fancy but it will be a big improvement on stock. EP3 Brembo discs, Ferodo DS2500's and HEL 6 line kit, plus some Castrol RF to finish it off.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Managed to finally nab a second hand air con pipe today for £15. A tidy £45 saving over what Honda wanted for a new one.

Just in time for the end of summer...

Soldato
Still installing my stereo, doing sound deadening, drilling door wire plugs and threading wire everywhere.

I've had enough of project cars, I just want a race car :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
confusion

I need a new clutch for my EP3

I was under the impression that the FN2, FD2, DC5 and EP3 share a common clutch kit?

I have seen two items from the same store

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2 GENUINE HONDA CLUTCH KIT

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R EP3 GENUINE HONDA CLUTCH KIT

the difference is something like £9 which is nothing really but are the clutch kits not the same?

*edit
this uprated model seems to confirm my thoughts. anyone able to shed light on this?

Caporegime
On route: Toda S2000 Manifold.
toda.ap1.header_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom