Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
Everyone went turbo. If i remember you need **** ton of cash to get 270hp na from k20....
Would you pay extra 8 grand to have 270hp ??? And put it in lets say 29k price tag . Hmm that would not sell i think :/

Soldato
I was thinking earlier - the VTEC engines seem so reliable- what is the point of such short intervals for oil changes on them ?

I've not been particularly regular with my oil changes, and I can't remember last time the car had a change - yet - I'm approaching 170k miles and if anything the engine feels stronger than it did when I bought it over 100k miles ago

if its to make an engine last say >250k miles - whats the point if the body-work falls apart before it ? changing the oil so often if thats the case is just wasted money ?

or is it just to make us spend more money during our ownership with a given car. You could argue same about other lifed items (apart from the cambelt which is pretty critical)

it would be nice if my engine lasted to 250k and 300k miles - but it'd be pretty pointless as there would be no body left for it to sit in :)

Last edited:
Soldato
new civic just doesnt inspire me at all. i really dont understand why their UKDM type R models are dumbed down from the JDM versions. seems plain dumb.

the people looking to buy a type r because its a type r will surely want all of the things that make a type r what it is

i will just type type r again to make my point

type r

Here here.

Looks out onto drive and smiles :)

Caporegime
Everyone went turbo. If i remember you need **** ton of cash to get 270hp na from k20....
Would you pay extra 8 grand to have 270hp ??? And put it in lets say 29k price tag . Hmm that would not sell i think :/

Power means nothing when you have the uniqueness of VTEC revving to 9000rpm. Everytime i give someone a lift and rev it to 9k in second they have a huge grin on their face. A 4 pot turbo is just gonna be the same as every other car :(

Soldato
new civic just doesnt inspire me at all. i really dont understand why their UKDM type R models are dumbed down from the JDM versions. seems plain dumb.

the people looking to buy a type r because its a type r will surely want all of the things that make a type r what it is

i will just type type r again to make my point

type r

To appeal to a broader market, not everyone who buys a Type R wants a hardcore race derived car. I would bet that proper Type R enthusiasts would be a niche group.

I was thinking earlier - the VTEC engines seem so reliable- what is the point of such short intervals for oil changes on them ?

VTEC uses a lot of oil especially when your redlining it, I would assume thats why?

Soldato
They are hoping to make it the fastest fwd car round the ring, sounds fun to me :)

Revving to 9000? Yours not limited? Mine bounces off 8k

Caporegime
They are hoping to make it the fastest fwd car round the ring, sounds fun to me :)

Revving to 9000? Yours not limited? Mine bounces off 8k

What do you have?

VTEC doesn't use oil. High revs and closed throttłe does.

Where is the oil change interval comment? I'm seeing a lot of reference to it but I can't see it

Caporegime
Mmmm TODA

8310F0F3-1478-40DA-B1DC-0491D0D17795-2072-00000143130CF239_zpsb3776bbf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom