Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Oh that ugly thing? I thought you meant this one:

done_135i%20002-L.jpg

That's not an F20 :p

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content....view-trailer-Too-much-dilution-of-the-M-brand

That's a hatchback :p

Soldato
Like 'Life cycle improvement' :D

Pretty obvious what he's talking about if it's not valid in this case - it's a hot topic that get's lots of press coverage

Yes it was obvious.... that he had confused an M135i with a 1M. Nothing to do with hatch or Coupe, that just happens to be coincidental variance between those two models. I like it how the image then is of an UBER RARE silver '1M'.

Press coverage? :confused: And thats why we should be talking about it? This clique BS is starting to get on my nerves with people replying to people very differently depending if you are 'in' or 'out'
Heres another hot topic just for the VTEC'ers

Toyota is recalling 138,000 cars in the UK due to a faulty electric window switch. Toyota RAV4, Corolla, Auris and Yaris models built between September 2006 and December 2008 may find the 'Power Window Master Switch – located in the driver’s door - controlling the electric windows can stick and become inoperable, and could the catch fire if incorrectly lubricated by a user.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Yeah I guessed that. Just didnt really see how it was relevant, funny or even interesting.

well, my use of the :p smiley at the end of it should have hinted to you that it was a joke, thus negating any reason for you to ask or even kick off about it.

It's relevant because there was confusion over a coupe and a hatchback.

untwist your knickers and lighten up.

Permabanned
New civic type R made in uk ?? And that suppose to be good thing ?? When i buy japanese car i want it to be made in japan. No offence to European workers. But i think build quality of all japanese cars went down the drain when they started to make them outside of japan...
No to mention european styled cars.... Why 2 **** honwa was not selling civic coupe 8gen around EU ?? It was best looking one out of 8 generation. It had k20 and lsd what more you need :(

Caporegime
To get back on topic.

My box full of OEM Honda parts has arrived including a new manifold gasket. Time to get the TODA on.

I also bought a new helmet off Ebay. £37 delivered down from £100 :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I also bought a new helmet off Ebay. £37 delivered down from £100 :D

do you have a link for that Simon? was thinking of doing some track days next year so it could be a good idea to pick one up.

Just got my car back today, b-pipe has been fitted.

couple of things done to it this past few weeks:

• Spoon N1 fitted [just for Ad ;)]
  • Password JDM wiper delete fitted
  • r8byb Silenced 2.5" SS b-pipe fitted
  • rear windows tinted
  • Gunuine Fugen pedals :cool:
  • CAT heatshield removed as it was rattling [bad idea?]

car sounds brilliant now. its a bit on the loud side but its not too bad.

my to-do list still involves:

• get the clutch fitted
  • ds2500/new discs/braided lines
  • still want a mugen spoiler.

not sure what to do with the brakes, may just go for brembo blanks and whatever lines i can find.

unless anyone has any suggestions?

Soldato
Well ive got some new bits on mine.

All injectors cleaned which has brough the flow patterns back up to how they should be and gone from 140/144/146 to all being 150cc/min.

EGR repaired by flicking over the fingers on to fresh carbon track on the position potentiometer so they dont wear the carbon track again and cuase bucking around lean burn transition.

New lower engine mount from, US Honda parts supplier, to control some engine movement as the old one is tired.

Exciting! :p

Soldato
Does anyone have any first hand experiance of the Accord Type-S, how quick does it feel on the road, I'm assuming it doesnt feel as quick as the 0-60 time suggests?

Or does it have a nice bit of mid range which makes it quite drivable on the road?

I'm a bit concerned that it'll too big and heavy for me

Caporegime
do you have a link for that Simon? was thinking of doing some track days next year so it could be a good idea to pick one up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=New+HJC+Manly+Full+Face+Motorcycle+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627

HJC helmet. Ordered on Saturday evening and arrived Tuesday, it has the gold stamp meaning it is approved for motorcycle racing too.

You may not want a full face, I only did as some tracks insist on full face in convertibles - although the view is pretty good out of it.

Soldato
Anyone fancy fitting some bushes for me? :D

O and maybe top mounts too please!

Seriously though, is changing all the bushes on the control arm and ARB a labour intensive job for a garage?

Back
Top Bottom