Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Don't know taken tbh. It looks like paint/anodising or something.
Muffin, the other side looks worse. That was down to the rivets. :o

Soldato
Nicely worn there! :D At least I know it's clear cut if yours was doing the same things. Where did you have it done mate? TI motorsport are reasonably priced I see?

Thanks for the advice on the clutch issue folks. I may persevere for a little while as I have it booked in for lowering in a few weeks, I drive pretty steady so it should last but like you say it'd make the car much nicer to drive if it was done... so maybe in Jan if it holds out. I've got breakdown cover if not! :D

Caporegime
im in the market for an early s2000 for a weekend car that is going to see some light track action over the next 2 years, do you think its worth holding out a few more months to see if the prices drop a bit? im budgeting £4500 - £5000 for the car as id like to spend some cash on brakes and tyres etc.

Can get decent ones for that if a little high miles in the winter yeah

Ideally get one that has had thevuoendion bushes freed and greased. It's worth paying extra for the if you plan to track it. These cars are very adjustable and you can really optimise them for track usage if you have no seized adjusters to worry about.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I would personally prioritize a replacement clutch over lowering the car if yours is in what would appear to be the same state that mine was in.

Mine was replaced by my friend, the guy building the EK9 turbo that I linked in the thread a few weeks back.

Soldato
I think my Clutch will hold out a few more months :) I've spent so much lately elsewhere on the car that I've been driving steady to conserve fuel! lol.

About 1500 quid in a couple of months for tax, insurance, mot, servicing and by the time its lowered, FRSU, camber bits etc and 2 new tyres all on 12th Nov. Ouch.

Thinking of using Area Motorsport now, they've moved to Cheadle in Stoke-on-Trent so only a few miles from me... spoke to their head guy Rob and he's really sound, gonna inspect car for free to check all is good underneath :)

Soldato
Please can someone recommend me the appropriate engine oil for my Honda Civic 5dr 1.6 I-VTEC SE? Do I need Mobil 1 ESP 0W30 or Mobil Super S 10w40 :confused:

Caporegime
Toda manifold seems to have helped a bit all over. Felt really quick tonight and my only description of the noise with the decat and manifold is 'more exotic'. Sounds a lot cleaner

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
401-HP 2013 Honda Accord Coupe Among Three Accords at Honda’s SEMA Display

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/401-hp-20...-honda-sema-display-283845.html#ixzz2AsgK7yTy

tumblrlltzgnhi5f1qzib3w.jpg

Soldato
bledd, TI/Tegiwa seem completely ignorant to any email correspondance, so they're gonna miss out. They're literally a mile away though :) But I've tried to get a couple of quotes now spacing emails out about a week before resending with no joy so it's just tough for them I guess!

Area have been spot on, FOC inspection of car/suspension components booked next sat, car booked in 12th nov for lowering on Eibach Sportlines, DME rear camber arms, Eibach front camber bolts and fast road set up for a very reasonable price. I am already over the moon with their customer service.

This is their track EP3 as well, quite mean looking :)

Area_Motorsport_laguna_seca_blue_EP3_Civic.jpg

Soldato
They've moved to Cheadle in Stoke-on-Trent, probs about 30 miles from you if you're in Market Drayton IIRC?

Address: Unit 4 Brook House Mill , Dilhorne Road , Cheadle , Stoke-On-Trent , Staffordshire , ST10 1PR
Telephone Number: 01562 519 070
Fax Number: NA
Web address: http://www.areamotorsport.co.uk
Email address: [email protected]
Name(s) of owners/ directors: Robert Baker

I've been speaking to Rob via the civictype-r forum and on the phone and he will always reply to PM's etc even late on at night for ideas of pricing etc.

FRSU is £105 assuming you have all the hardware fitted already :)

Back
Top Bottom