Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
hoping to find a Type-R or equivalent (ish) I like tomorrow - otherwise wife and kids will go mad I think (I'm dragging them round looking at the following .....

2004 Civic Type-S (we already have one - so may get another)
1 x EP3
3 x FN2s (same dealer)
1 Octavia VRS
1 Fabia VRS
1 BMW 325Ci (2004)
1 BMW 325SE (2007)

lol!! - feel tired already

getting old though - as my insurers freaked me out by quoting a change from 38 a month to 70 a month for last 3 months from my VTI to a EP3 !!! - but I think its because they know I'm sort of locked in

as freaked out I did some quotes online with other places for a year, and most of the above came out at 320 a year with business use and NCprotection added. I think only a 330D pushed it up to 450 or something.

so feeling old too lol

Don
Short jouneys and cold weather do make a big hit on your economy. You've been a bit vague though, 22mpg over 10 miles, 100miles, 1000 miles? Type of driving etc?

Soldato
Love CTRO, I remember when I was looking at EP3's and I mentioned I would de-badge it, the reaction was outstanding

"OMG why buy R-Typez, no one knows its R-Typez"

Oh dear, better not mention mine has no exterior badges then, apart from the red R on the boot :D

Feeling slightly sunburnt from welding up the center box under the car today, not quite enough room for a welding mask for some of it.

Soldato
getting frustrated - been looking for an EP3 for a few weeks now (actually more like a month plus), and still can only find one that looks any good (and my budget is up to 6.5k for an EP3) - but it hasn't got air-con :( :(

all the other ones I can find that look ok are stated in the ads as being modded, be it addition of HIDs, big exhaust, 2k stereo etc etc etc

looked at a load of other cars yesterday (drove 150+ miles), VRSs, BMW 325s, FN2s etc - but still after that hankering after an EP3 - good mix of reasonable practicality but fun to drive and sporty

my MOT runs out on my very old VTI on 15th of Jan - so running out of time - aaargh

Don
getting frustrated - been looking for an EP3 for a few weeks now (actually more like a month plus), and still can only find one that looks any good (and my budget is up to 6.5k for an EP3) - but it hasn't got air-con :( :(

all the other ones I can find that look ok are stated in the ads as being modded, be it addition of HIDs, big exhaust, 2k stereo etc etc etc

looked at a load of other cars yesterday (drove 150+ miles), VRSs, BMW 325s, FN2s etc - but still after that hankering after an EP3 - good mix of reasonable practicality but fun to drive and sporty

my MOT runs out on my very old VTI on 15th of Jan - so running out of time - aaargh

For £6.5k, you may find that a DC5 is in budget, which opens a few more avenues for you.

For example: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30805-2001-arctic-blue-dc5-53k-6500-fsh/

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index....1-cw-dc5-with-c-pack-stunning-condition-6850/

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
J's bonnet sat in me room, got to get some mesh to cover up the vents before I put it on, Mugen spoiler due next Wed/Thu, 5m job to fit :)

Looking forward to seeing g some pictures man.

For £6.5k, you may find that a DC5 is in budget, which opens a few more avenues for you

6.5k is not ep3 money. As above, that is DC5 money.

As I already mentioned, spending 5k on an ep3 will net you a first class example, there is simply no need to spend more than that on one. They aren't worth more than that in the current market.

If I had a 6.5k budget, I know what I would be looking at

Soldato
thanks to all - I'll keep looking then

my budget is actually up to 11k - but the mentionned budget was my initial view of what I'd spend max on an EP3

I missed a 130i M Sport from a BMW dealer the other week for 11k but I wasn't quick enough :(

I then found an absolute mint 325Ci M for £8k - but wasn't convinced it was quick enough - more a sports tourer really

I also have looked at plenty of FN2s - and whillst they are nice enough - and I do like them - I feel like I'd get just as much fun and practicality for a lot less money with an EP3

seems a bad time of year to be buying

only thing that put me off DC5s was insurance and running costs - they're the old group 20 I think (IE absolute highest) ? and are parts available ? I've not tried an insurance quote for a DC5,but a 130i was about 320 a year, same for an EP3 - I think a 330d went up to 400 odd.

Last edited:
Soldato
No CRX photos? :(

P1020229.jpg

P1020233.jpg

P1020241.jpg

P1020235.jpg

pedobear sticker was the previous owners work:p now gone and t-cutted the residue:p

Soldato
It's had a rear arch replacement kit Clarkey. Everything else is original, including the seats, cassette player and dealer number plates:p The key is it's not had many owners I think.

It's a 22 year old B16A1 so has a few niggles. I want to replace the cam end seal as it's leaking oil, and I'm losing coolant - probably the radiator that's rotted at the bottom or an old pipe!

Last edited:
Don
thanks to all - I'll keep looking then

my budget is actually up to 11k - but the mentionned budget was my initial view of what I'd spend max on an EP3

I missed a 130i M Sport from a BMW dealer the other week for 11k but I wasn't quick enough :(

I then found an absolute mint 325Ci M for £8k - but wasn't convinced it was quick enough - more a sports tourer really

I also have looked at plenty of FN2s - and whillst they are nice enough - and I do like them - I feel like I'd get just as much fun and practicality for a lot less money with an EP3

seems a bad time of year to be buying

only thing that put me off DC5s was insurance and running costs - they're the old group 20 I think (IE absolute highest) ? and are parts available ? I've not tried an insurance quote for a DC5,but a 130i was about 320 a year, same for an EP3 - I think a 330d went up to 400 odd.

It certainly isnt the right time of year to be buying, people are generally too busy to add the hassle of selling a car.

Dc5 servicing costs will be identical to the EP3 and part availability isnt really a concern and neither should insurance since you're old :p

£11k isnt money i'd spend on either a dc5 or an ep3 though

Soldato
I've decided I want to sell my EP3. I've only had it 3 weeks, and it's completely mint and standard, but it's completely pointless me owning it.

Anyone interested it's yours for £5.5k.

Especially Buckster, it looks as though it could be what you're looking for. Was going to wait until after Christmas, but if someone wants it, it's theirs.

Since I've owned it I've tidied it up like better wipers, bulbs etc but it's all still stock.

396637_10151147352803742_2143334781_n.jpg

Shame, I really thought I'd found a car I could 'gel' with.

Edit: Today I curbed one of the alloys a bit which is massively gutting, but could be fixed quite cheaply.

Soldato
Elliot, why are you selling?

What don't you like about it? I'm just curious.

I'm thinking of buying a Honda next, though I do not know what to go for.

These are my three options but which has the most tuning potential?

Civic VTI EK4 shape - Last resort

Integra DC2 UK - Something I actually want to own, though maybe a bit to hardcore for me, would this ruin long journeys?

Accord Type-R - I like 5 doors, I actually would like a 5 door, although unsure on the tuning/handling aspect on these.

*wildcard* - Honda Prelude Type-S - I like these also and they seem more comfy with a good solid engine.

I'm really unsure as I want a Honda which I can make my own and keep for a few years and drive it like Senna everywhere.

Soldato
Surely an accord type r is out if you would like a 5 door? :p

Lol, I use my car for lugging stuff around and it's easier for people to get in and out of the car. On the other hand I think FORGET YOU IT'S MY CAR I CAN HAVE AS MANY DOORS AS I WANT. I just want something which I can upgrade with sp00n parts and be JDM.

Back
Top Bottom