Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
aaargh - I've now (stupidly) got 3 weeks left to pick a car ...

I just can't choose between FN2 CW, 07-09 Cupra, Octi VRS or 130i

:( need space for 2 kids in rear, but the FN2 has been tested last weekend for that and they fitted in with plenty of space :)

shot myself well and truly in foot, MOT due mid-January, I know car needs some work, but don't know how much - and its only worth scrap now

but if I put in MOT now to see how much (if a couple of hundred quid fine - will give me a few more months to find the right car) - then if say the car is idnetified as needing £500+ worth of work - I'm stuffed, as I think in theory can't drive the car - as although my old MOT is "valid and in date" - in theory the car has been formally tested, documented (electronically) to be - in the words of the MOT not road-worthy

so I could get pulled by police and/or if I had a crash I'd been in very grey position legally

oh well I suppose I should man-up and just choose!

I found a perfect 130i booked Fri off to get it and it was sold :(

My g/f has a 120d - the space in the rear is poor and the boot isn't too great. It's nice enough place to sit, but is rather dull, although I would assume a 130i is obviously more 'fun'.

I have no idea about the other cars. :)

Associate
Going to look at a nice 2004 s2000 tomorrow....may soon be joining the vtec crowd here!

first mod, remove airbox lid :D

mine a 2004 model, good tax bracket.

i was looking at added some of the extra option at some point, e.g. headrest speakers, rear wing, and front lip... how hard are they to find and install?

are headrest speakers any good?

Soldato
first mod, remove airbox lid :D

mine a 2004 model, good tax bracket.

i was looking at added some of the extra option at some point, e.g. headrest speakers, rear wing, and front lip... how hard are they to find and install?

are headrest speakers any good?

Well I bought it, 2004 model :D will make another thread...but it has headrest speakers...not sold on their value yet, I haven't really bothered to put the stereo on yet! To busy listening to the engine at 9k rpm in second gear...my gosh :D

Not perfect cosmetically on the outside, certainly not compared to the Fiesta which I sold which was minty mint, but it was a good price and there many good things about it even if it needs a good machine polish and a small scuff sorting on the front bumper!

Last edited:
Associate
Well I bought it, 2004 model :D will make another thread...but it has headrest speakers...not sold on their value yet, I haven't really bothered to put the stereo on yet! To busy listening to the engine at 9k rpm in second gear...my gosh :D

Not perfect cosmetically on the outside, certainly not compared to the Fiesta which I sold which was minty mint, but it was a good price and there many good things about it even if it needs a good machine polish and a small scuff sorting on the front bumper!

good luck, you will never find a perfect one. mine good body wise no dents, wheels are poor and engine bay got few areas need sorting e.g. under the air box. will need work underneath at the rear.

i really need to machine polish mine, jap paint sometimes a pain.

Associate
So Ive decided to take peoples advice and get a mint pre-facelift ep3. Now all I have to do is sell my car.
Seen a few but nothing wont be going to see them till mine has gone.
Hopefully it will be gone soon.

Soldato
So Ive decided to take peoples advice and get a mint pre-facelift ep3. Now all I have to do is sell my car.
Seen a few but nothing wont be going to see them till mine has gone.
Hopefully it will be gone soon.

Best of luck with it get some pics up. Still not got my bonnet on, weather against me and found out this morning I don't have a 10mm socket set somehow. So sent the gf to Halfrauds to get me a cheap 50 piece set for a tenner.

Soldato
after being told the scrap value of my aged VTI is around £100 - I'm making almost constant use of VTEC and tyres ( :) ) for last 2 weeks of my ownership

well to be fair I've been doing so last 4 weeks as well

4mm of tread left to go - never had so much fun in the car lol

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Think my S2000 will be up for sale very soon, it's an amazing car (much better than I expected and hence still have it after only intending to own it for a couple of months) but time has come to move it on I think :(

Soldato
Think my S2000 will be up for sale very soon, it's an amazing car (much better than I expected and hence still have it after only intending to own it for a couple of months) but time has come to move it on I think :(

Bizzare post is bizzare.

Why the sad face for moving on? if you don't want to...don't?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's a tough choice, there are practical and financial reasons for the a change, plus as it was only bought as a temporary thing it's not the model I'd have picked if it were to be a more permanent thing.

As a longer term prospect I'd rather a 2004 model to plough money into, which in a year or two is a possibility :)

Permabanned
Any recommended Alloy refurb places in Stoke?

Looking to get my EP3 alloys done. Im thinking quite a dark grey colour for my Milano red.

Hmm thinking like this pic below

18086948824065771351664.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom