Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
Aye it is a bit. I managed to wheel spin through first, second and third until I thought it's probably best to back off as I'm not in control of where the car want's to point :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Aye it is a bit. I managed to wheel spin through first, second and third until I thought it's probably best to back off as I'm not in control of where the car want's to point :p

yeah, it spins a lot in the low gears, the reads are terrible at the moment though so I'm taking it easy and fighting the 'spirited' driving urge as much as I can

Need proper wheel drive boys ;)

:cool:

Permabanned

8wheeldrive.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Rjkoneill

How's the change over then? I'm dying to get back into a Honda! Car is looking brill buddy!

Cheers man :) picked my civic up from round your way actually

The guy who I got it off had a gumpert apollo, 911 gt3 and a load of other beautiful metal scattered all over his drive.

Comparing the CTR to the ST is a little unfair, the ST handles well on good tyres but the civic feels much more planted and confident in corners, the suspension on the civic is focused and gives you brilliant feedback. As I have mentioned, I need to get it on some good summer tyres and for the weather to be less terrible.

The cold is certainly doing a lot for the bhps though :p

The st is similar in the rev ranges but the CTR has the advantage of 54k+ where a fiesta would be left for dead. I loved my ST, it was a fantastic car for me, but in my brief time in the CTR, I can confidently say that it is above and beyond anything the ST is capable of.

Soldato

Good stuff! You picked the best colour to. What about comparing petrol? I get 28mpg from the Fiesta.

I am really contemplating getting one my self but I am not sure how my insurance works if I cancel it, we it being monthly payments. To lazy to ring up and find out.

I would be getting the same colour though if I did decide i am having :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Good stuff! You picked the best colour to. What about comparing petrol? I get 28mpg from the Fiesta.

I am really contemplating getting one my self but I am not sure how my insurance works if I cancel it, we it being monthly payments. To lazy to ring up and find out.

I would be getting the same colour though if I did decide i am having :p

you can cancel on a monthly payment policy. they might give you a fee to pay or something. but I wouldn't imagine it would be an issue. I have done it loads in the past.

MPG is similar to the ST. driving it on the boil though soon eats into a tank of fuel.

Nice purchase Rich :cool:

Wait til you see my new one ;)

pics

and hovis. bring it down to ocuk Si :p

Soldato
Looking for a CTR

Hi all,

Im looking at purchasing a CTR with a budget of 3-3.5 preferably the lower end!

Is there much I should look out for with the high mileage ones on offer?

Man of Honour
OP
Not really, just make sure the tensioner has been checked if over 75k and also that it has a new clutch. Also steering rack noises = avoid.

Don
S001 = Perfect precision
RE002 = Perfect response.

Not sure what the difference is, the text makes it sound like the RE002 is a stiffer more track focused tyre.

Just had an email back from Bridgestone UK

Bridgestone UK will be releasing the Adrenaline 002 in March 2012. Please contact us closer to the time for availability.

Back
Top Bottom