Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
I just had my valve clearances done by Honda, the rest of the service I'll do myself, just keep the receipts. Getting at least something done by Honda is good as they point out any other niggly bits that also need doing, like suspension drop links etc.

ep3service.jpg

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I've had that one Rjkoneill :p

Where you having it done?

Might be worth going for the Higher spec Motul brake fluid seeing as you track it!

thinking abp but i only need the following done off the list

6th service, 75,000 miles or 72 months
Labour charge £165.00
Oil filter & sump washer £11.50
Oil (5lt) £38.00
Brake fluid £13.00
Fuel filter £29.50
MTF gear oil £25.00
Air filter £19.50
Spark plugs (NGK) £59.60
Consumables £8.40

*Valve clearances checked at extra cost - Car needs to be left overnight as needs to be stone cold*

essentially, everything in yellow needs doing.
i did oil the week before my track day so the filter and oil isnt required
brake fluid was done with my braided lines and installation of the ds2500s
mtf - i had a new clutch recently and am having an LSD fitted soon so that isnt required
air filter, i have a gruppe m which i service myself.

they mentioned the labour cost would be less but i want valve clearances done so that will probably bump it back up to £165.

glad ive done it bit by bit really

Soldato
Fuel filter is in the tank IIRC? Not sure how hard to do?

Plugs can be had far far cheaper from Tegiwa! I think I paid almost half what ABP wanted :(

Valve clearances are the PITA though. Maybe see what Area Motorsport want to do it?

Soldato
Hi guys,

My facelift EP3 has a blown headlight bulb so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get some HIDs. I understand that I need to buy some adaptors from HIDS4U. That's not a problem. The things I want to know are;

Do I need a H1 kit or a H4?
Is 55w necessary or will 35w do?
Where is the best place to get them, which ones are the best? After 5000k.

Thanks

Soldato
Should I phone up the garage repairing my car and get the headlight washers smoothed?

I did, they were:

1 - Useless
2 - Wasted water
3 - Auto triggered when lights were on

While pulling the fuse disables them did not see the point of having them there for no reason.

I prefer the look without them also.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Do I need a H1 kit or a H4?
Is 55w necessary or will 35w do?
Where is the best place to get them, which ones are the best? After 5000k.

Thanks

H1 fitting for facelift. 35w as 55w would be too bright I think and you would annoy a lot of people.

I'll take a picture of where I fitted mine, really snug fit. Got mine from eBay for £40 which come with a bulb adapter holder.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-Typ...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f01111270

Just passed an MOT with them if that helps.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Fuel filter is in the tank IIRC? Not sure how hard to do?

Plugs can be had far far cheaper from Tegiwa! I think I paid almost half what ABP wanted :(

Valve clearances are the PITA though. Maybe see what Area Motorsport want to do it?

The electronic service guide for the civic is out there, tells you everything step by step; valve clearances, replacing fuel filter etc.

Let me know and I can email you a link to it if you want it.

Man of Honour
OP
Check pressures as I was having the same problem. Turned out my left was 24psi and right was 32psi. I still need to get my tracking sorted as 2nd gear VTEC the car really doesn't pull in a straight line I have to wrestle with the steering wheel.

Secondly, do a straight line brake test from 30mph on a quiet road just to see if it pulls on braking too.

I'd also check how the wheels are sat. May not be seated properly or something?
Spot on with tyre pressure, no idea what the monkeys at the garage were playing at:

Front left - 35
Front right - 25
Rear left 39
Rear right - 39

I think I do have a slow puncture on the front right as I'm pretty sure it's been low before. It's booked in at TGM on Friday for an MOT so will get them to have a look.

Car feels back to normal, still puts a smile on my face after not driving it for 2 weeks.

Soldato
I know Tegiwa charge 47 for valve clearances and Area were 55 last time I asked but if you facebook Brosport (who are just the mechanics for Area Motorsport) you may save some cash ;)

All in all not a lot to spend there if only that lot needs doing Rich.

I am quite glad I've not actually spent anything on my car apart from fuel in the last 4/5 weeks, it hasn't broke recently! :D Really enjoyed giving it the hoof last night too, forget what fun these things are at times.

Permabanned
These are my lights and where I mounted them. They don't dazzle in the slightest, just the camera picking it up.

image.jpg

The picture below I just tweaked the brightness and contrast and you can see the slight blue tint, these are 6000K, so not too blue.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nahh 5000k. Played it safe. First ever HID kit. Can always change the bulbs.

Do the bulbs need to be mounted facing a certain way? I've heard it's possible to put them in upside down.

Back
Top Bottom