Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Well, I drove past a local Honder dealer and they are selling a 08 plate Yaris for £6750.

I paid £6550 2 years ago for my car and it is still only on 36k miles with full Toyota SH so it seems depreciation has been kind to my car.

they wont get that for it though, it may be best to consider a private sale if you want to gain the most money back for your current vehicle. a dealership will give you book price regardless of how well looked after/mint your car is.

The Civic is definitely on the list since it tick all the boxes - (toys, nice boot, seats 4 people, under £10k).

if it suits your requirements, go and drive one for as long as they will let you. some people simply dont like them so its best to make sure you are spending the money on something you are sure about. £9k+ for an FN2 is madness really

So with no much cash + my car, I could get one of these, just looking around to see what are the must have, what comes as standard.

Xenons, Cruise control, climate, DAB and iPod integration would be necessities

I guess Sat Nav isn't a standard.

p.s. I love that arm rest !

if you are dead set on buying an FN2 that new, ensure you get one with an LSD. apparently it makes a big difference.
more so than any of the other things you mention that ultimately aren't important.

read this: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car..._championship_white_typer_v_civic_type_r.html

pay particular attention to the champ white civic as this is the one with the LSD before they all got them in april 2010.

"All Civic Type R GT’s built from April 2010 now feature a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) as standard."

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Raymond Linked to a 2009, non LSD equipped vehicle for £10k. [£10k is a reasonable price for a 2010+ car]

This car doesn't have the added benefits of a April 2010+ or CW car.

therefore you may as well get a high specced 07+ car for much less.
£5k gets you in an FN2 these days. ignore that - its on the register

there you go, £6500

if spending that much, my point is that he should be looking for an April 2010+ equipped with the LSD.

hell, buy a £5k FN2 and chuck an LSD in it for less than a grand.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I wouldn't spend more than 8k on an fn2, LSD or not, there are too many nice sub 8k examples about to spend anymore doesn't make sense to me

thats kind of my point.

i was merely pointing out that if he was going for the newer car premium buying the newest plate he can afford. [no offence if this isnt the case raymond, it just came across that way] buying a non lsd equipped car when you have the budget for one would be a bad move.

Soldato
thats kind of my point.

i was merely pointing out that if he was going for the newer car premium buying the newest plate he can afford. [no offence if this isnt the case raymond, it just came across that way] buying a non lsd equipped car when you have the budget for one would be a bad move.

In your opinion. Does the average driver (no offence Raymond, no idea on your 'level') really need an LSD? Would they notice the difference on the roads.

Caporegime
Well, consider me a blank slate. Hence asking here, otherwise I would not have realised the LSD introduction in April 2010. I am not going to spend £5k or £10k on one of these tomorrow, or this month, I am putting new tyres and having it services this month so at the earliest I would be getting it when the tax is due for renewal, around November time. This is all part of research.

Associate
Indeed :rolleyes:

People talk complete **** about the FN2, purely because some fat **** paid too much by the BBC decided he didn't like one.

Even EP3 owners who have FN2s say the FN2 is better ;)

That stupid bloody spoiler would annoy me no end on the FN2, much prefer the looks of the EP3.

Soldato
I shouldn't have posted that. Last thing we need is a load of Jeremy clarkson quotes again. Been done to death. We all know DC2 wins every time;

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom