Type R and VTEC owners

This guy knows what he's talking about:

A real shame Honda make nothing like this any more; no proper sports cars at all in fact until the NSX comes along in 2015. Honda have really gone downhill since the FN2 and it's substandard torsion beam suspension. Indeed the next gen Type R will have a green-pleasing 1.6 litre turbo engine instead of Honda's astounding naturally aspirated technology seen here. Hail the Integra Type R as a machine that demonstrates what Honda used to be able to do; it's never coming back.

Wonder if prices will shoot up now.

He could've found one with a red rocker cover though ;/

I'd say the whole Japanese (or places in that area :)) car market was pretty dull.

Here's what they offer (new and off the top of my head):
Toyota have the FT86 (debatable)
Honda (nothing)
Mitsubishi (nothing)
Subaru used to have decent Imprezas - I guess they have the BRZ too

The only one making an effort is Nissan with the 370z and the GTR.

Cool :)

Spoke to the guy in the garage who just MOT'd it... It can be restitched for a lot cheaper than replacing it.

**** man dont go cheap on 25f belt. That lets go and you are calling AA....

In last 2 days i got ECU out dials and half of dashboard. I cant find how they installed kmph -> mph converted :( gave up .......
Gues i need to deal with 180mph scaled speedo :/

Last edited:
I'd say the whole Japanese (or places in that area :)) car market was pretty dull.

Here's what they offer (new and off the top of my head):
Toyota have the FT86 (debatable)
Honda (nothing)
Mitsubishi (nothing)
Subaru used to have decent Imprezas - I guess they have the BRZ too

The only one making an effort is Nissan with the 370z and the GTR.

Japan had an awesome time in the 90's but it seems economic stagnation and tightening world wide emissions saw it all off :(

Last edited:
This guy knows what he's talking about:

A real shame Honda make nothing like this any more; no proper sports cars at all in fact until the NSX comes along in 2015. Honda have really gone downhill since the FN2 and it's substandard torsion beam suspension. Indeed the next gen Type R will have a green-pleasing 1.6 litre turbo engine instead of Honda's astounding naturally aspirated technology seen here. Hail the Integra Type R as a machine that demonstrates what Honda used to be able to do; it's never coming back.

Wonder if prices will shoot up now.

He could've found one with a red rocker cover though ;/

This guy is even more in the know:

The EK9 was the peak of Honda's 90's "Hot-Hatch" days. The DC2 (JDM) was a close second. The newer K series' iVTEC is a lot more subtle. I know they probably make use of the power more efficiently, but I want the VTEC to kick me in the back when the high cam engages. I have had both cars and the B16B from the EK9 although having less power than a B18C, is an amazing engine.

LOLOLOLOL, amirite

This guy is even more in the know:

The EK9 was the peak of Honda's 90's "Hot-Hatch" days. The DC2 (JDM) was a close second. The newer K series' iVTEC is a lot more subtle. I know they probably make use of the power more efficiently, but I want the VTEC to kick me in the back when the high cam engages. I have had both cars and the B16B from the EK9 although having less power than a B18C, is an amazing engine.

LOLOLOLOL, amirite

If someone said in 1997 'in 10 years the new Civic Type R would have beam rear suspension, cruise control, climate control and about the same amount of power' they would probably have been punched in the face.

39 miles to go till my F20C hits 150k miles. Unbelievable for the state of tune it's in and the amount of times it sees 9k rpm.

I love Honda engines

If someone said in 1997 'in 10 years the new Civic Type R would have beam rear suspension, cruise control, climate control and about the same amount of power' they would probably have been punched in the face.

I once punched a man for commenting 'Nice Civic!' when referring to my Teg.

I personally don't believe the Teg/Civic were that special compared to the NSX and S2000 considering they all went on sale in the same decade.

I personally don't believe the Teg/Civic were that special compared to the NSX and S2000 considering they all went on sale in the same decade.

they were a different class though.

the the teg/civic was all about technology and race car feel in the type r models whilst expensive, they were affordable.

the nsx was a supercar and the s2000 was a high end sports car. to me, they were a whole different class. but for what they were, the teg and civic work so well as they have the same sort of DNA

Lowered a little bit...

Think it looks rather smart! Trashy suspension also GONE! :cool:

kaqlc2.jpg

Tidy Andrew!

Which suspension you running?

Just standard. The "suspension" is trashy because of the poor combination of rebound etc from the shock to the spring tension. Swapping out for some Eibachs on stock shocks leaves the car feeling more like how the Mugen suspension feels which given the lowering springs have a similar (but not the same) settings and the fact the shocks for Mugen and for OEM are made by the same manufacturer to similar standards makes sense. This is why TDi won a lot of time attacks last year on the eibachs and couldnt see much difference over the mugen set up before opting for Tein Coilovers this year.

Its worked out nicely for me at least :)

Back
Top Bottom