Type R and VTEC owners

Muffin` he owns a garage with hes brother and they work 6 days a week 8am till 8pm plus 8am-6pm on Saturdays including bank holidays ..

That is where i get bigger bits done on my ITR paying with Polish Sausage cause they both love it and never want moneyz of meh ^^

We used to raid in World of Warcraft together with Jelly as well--> he used to have VTi CRX.

25800_351902242357_7793181_n.jpg

Jellys CRX with Rich's RS. CRX got cat C when jelly reversed in lamp post :( Got 5k from insurance for it tho :D

:(

Tidy! Who did that for you? :)

My friends, a pair of lads who I used to BMX with. They do a lot of work for me and know hondas inside out.

one of them is building that mental EK9 turbo I linked ages ago.

sadly, we have problems [it wouldnt be an rjkoneill car part purchase without them]

DC5 box went on like a dream, car is working fine. all the gears are fine. the diff is working like a dream.

however, there is a loud, clicking sound coming from the gearbox when rolling backwards [does it in reverse and neutral] but only going backwards.
doesnt happen at a specific part of the rotation and is totally random.

the lads who fitted it think it could be bearings. i haven't got a clue.

i have emailed the guy i got the box off. which i am positive will result in a nice short "it was fine when I had it m8" sort of response.

sigh.

its not the end of the world because the car is working fine and it sticks to corners like poo on fur now. but I really could have done without another potential bill and the hassle of an annoying noise to contend with.

Muffin` he owns a garage with hes brother and they work 6 days a week 8am till 8pm plus 8am-6pm on Saturdays including bank holidays ..

That is where i get bigger bits done on my ITR paying with Polish Sausage cause they both love it and never want moneyz of meh ^^

We used to raid in World of Warcraft together with Jelly as well--> he used to have VTi CRX.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/25800_351902242357_7793181_n.jpg
Jellys CRX with Rich's RS. CRX got cat C when jelly reversed in lamp post :( Got 5k from insurance for it tho :D[/QUOTE]

Nice but I just imagined an Ice Cream driver running a GTR was a bit suspect :p

Gutted for you Rich :(

I had a similar nervous moment when Eightspeed did my diff, upon the first test drive the car would make a metallic 'chink' whenever you came on and off the power....cue some bewilderment and worried expressions. Then Stevie's mate decided to take out the big bolts on the front subframe, add copper slip under the holes, then put them back in....and it cured it (apparently some FN2s even did this from the factory, and were recalled for the bolts to be re-tightened - in my case the car was fine before anything was touched, but with the gearbox off and no load on the suspension, something shifted slightly with the change in subframe load). Obviously totally different cars, but lets hope its something equally simple to someone 'in the know'.

FN2 owners - any of you got a Whiteline rear ARB? Possibly my next purchase...

Last edited:
asked on TRO

i dont even know what to google for :(

its not all bad, the car is totally fine when driving and as i say, the noise only happens when its rolling backwards.

its just frustrating more than anything.

im fairly certain that not every DC5 on the planet does it. so its just a problem with the box. the clicking happens when the car is jacked up and the wheels are spun backwards too.clicking happens when you spin each wheel individually.

i bet Bearing.. I had noisy one in my EGs gearbox did 15k miles no problem.
Still sort of **** is why i rather buy new copy/replica of some part than second hand part that is in so called GOOD AS NEW condition....

I would never buy second hand engine or gbox without actually seeing it run heh..

BTW:

IS ANYONE GOING FOR JAPFEST AT DONNINGTON ??
Its this Sunday. If its not raining i am there. They should have 30f dyno runs afaik :)

Anyone driven/owned the Civic Type R FD2 and Accord Euro R CL7?

I'm quite tempted by both and see them as a potential next car, especially the Euro R.

edit

Found a stunner of a Euro r on Autotrader, search Euro R and you'll see it.

Guessing that's the one Torque have for sale? Had a nose around it on Saturday, did look quite cool :)

asked on TRO

i dont even know what to google for :(

its not all bad, the car is totally fine when driving and as i say, the noise only happens when its rolling backwards.

its just frustrating more than anything.

im fairly certain that not every DC5 on the planet does it. so its just a problem with the box. the clicking happens when the car is jacked up and the wheels are spun backwards too.clicking happens when you spin each wheel individually.

Does it even do it with clutch press in?

Probably a £50 bearing, just to fit it's all gotta come back off. :(

I've found a Jamaican sounding fellow in London who'll sell me a Champ White 2009 gearbox for £500. 22,000 miles on it.

No photos, spoke to him on the phone though.. not sure if legit etc.

Back
Top Bottom