Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
quick quezzy for anyone with an FN2 :p

when i hoon it in first gear, if im not bouncing off the limiter (lets say its at 7kRPM), it tends to crunch to get into second whether i have the clutch pushed right in or not.

makes me look a right prat.

is this a known issue and should i get it looked at? as t he car is still under warranty.. =/

Soldato

when i hoon it in first gear, if im not bouncing off the limiter (lets say its at 7kRPM), it tends to crunch to get into second whether i have the clutch pushed right in or not.

is this a known issue and should i get it looked at? as t he car is still under warranty.. =/

IIRC crunching when changing at high revs has related to a clutch issue. Whats the mileage?

Soldato

That was a known issue in the DC5, worn syncros on 2nd. Also on the FD2's, most of those were sorted under warranty as they showed up under 10k miles.

-Edit- Can be the clutch as said depending on millage, i was thinking new cars

Soldato
You make it sound like there's something wrong with the ATR when there's not.

My reasoning is that I no longer drive my car to work so I could probably put up with the DC2 this time round lol.

No no, the Accord is a lovely car, but it's no sexy DC2 :D

I'd probably get an accord if I needed more space and carriying capacity, keep the DC2 as a track bitch to rape around and buying something special for the road.

Get pics up when you can!

Soldato
the mileage when i purchased it was 3,700 miles. so its literally brand new.

i think it must be the synchro...because it doesnt do it in any other gear. its all smooth apart from when in higher revvs in first :/ i guess it looks like its a trip to the garage. great.

Man of Honour
OP
HondaHintsandTipsMar.jpg

Might help with the 2nd gear issue? I know it mentions 3rd...

No no, the Accord is a lovely car, but it's no sexy DC2 :D

I'd probably get an accord if I needed more space and carriying capacity, keep the DC2 as a track bitch to rape around and buying something special for the road.

Get pics up when you can!

I'll get pics up if I buy it!

Soldato
gonna nip it up the garage now.. wonder if they'll try and fob me off or whatever. always worried they'll knock it, or scratch it too. :/

edit: well, took it up there, and the mechanic took it for a test drive. each time he went from first to second when giving it some beans it crunched. so its booked in for the 2nd of next month :) happy days.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
If it's too good to be true, it usually is. I asked the JDM owner if the car had any marks. One he replied, a parking incident where the wing has been slightly pushed back. Naturally I asked for pictures:

ad530ed3.jpg

d03c402c.jpg

I'm not going to post what I think yet, just wondering what OcUK think. If you think the same as me, I won't be buying it...

Soldato
Hard to tell with such close ups, are there any ones further out from the front and same angle?

Had some touch up stick near headlight.

Possibly some damage just above headlight on wing.

Could just be a little bend on the mounting point underneath, but I have a UKDM so don't know how it all works with a JDM front.

If he now says this is one little ding then who knows what else might be lurking on or around the car that might not be soo easy to see.

Man of Honour
OP
First off, look at the rubber at the top of the light. That isn't right. There's also touch up or overspray, the bumper isn't sat right and there's a shaded area around the light. Looks like it's been poorly repaired to me.

Back
Top Bottom