Type R and VTEC owners

Kind of seen them develop over the years from when they just imported a few bits to engines to cars to what they do now, they survive because they make it easier to get difficult to obtain parts but I've seen numerous times a really bad attitude from them and many complaints, they were banned off CL because of the extent of it

I also remember going to a meet they hosted and they kept themselves to themselves, didn't speak to anyone

I've never bought any parts from them personally but I probably would do if I wanted a gear knob or something

Well from a service point of view, I can speak highly of them so far. I sent a question at 8pm one night and received a response at 8.05pm. Then when I ordered the kit, it turned up the next day with no drama. This was Matt too, so I have confidence if I have an issue he is the chap to speak to as seems very helpful.

All good so far.

They sell skunk2 and their own branded dodgy tat.

All the other brands of stuff you can get from more reputable companies for less money.

With you, I've had plenty of issues.

1. Strut brace being completely bent and the bulkhead fixing part was at a 20 degree angle. QC wouldn't have been hard, it was just made soo wrong. Replaced it no questions, but that's not the point.
2. Bits not being included.
3. Not offering alternative delivery address, contacted them and they said it's for security. :rolleyes: Every company I've used over the last 10yrs online can do it, why can't you. Oh, but they'd change it 'just this once'....... then still deliver it to my card address at my parents house 500miles away.

Meh :rolleyes:

Is the hate just because they have copied other companies designs to sell on with their own branding?

There's also this, and some of us didn't like the responses we got questioning their Design and Engineering of the DC2 copies of the Function & LCAs.

They just copied it, then changed some bits of the design, made it out of a similar 'Aerospace alloy', then CNC'd it to a much lower quality than the F7. No design, no FEA, no testing, just a rip-off of an integral suspension part and their Engineering thought processes and justification amounted to 'it's a copy, it'll be fine'.

Last edited:
Their idea of customer service and my idea of customer service are poles apart, I don't particularly see myself as a demanding customer.

I think I've ordered four times, only one order wasn't ****ed up. No apology or recourse was given with the other three.

Got my OEM O2 sensor from them, cheapest by miles. Never had an issue myself although they did send me two packages that I never ordered, some RDx injectors and other bits. Sent them all back and advised them and they gave me a very nice money off voucher.

Yes WIll that is a massive part of it for some people.

Fulfillment of orders is not, in my opinion, evidence of a excellent retailer. How they handle order issues is a better indication of how a companies customer value. OcUK used to be less than perfect with order issues, but it's long since improved.

good move. i have silenced on mine and its just right with the stock back box on.

Took my N1 off the other week. not missing it as much as i thought i would tbh.

may give it a polish this weekend and get it listed for sale...

The love has gone, sell the parts off, make that S2K fund even better or should we say the S2K 6k bodykit fund. :D

good move. i have silenced on mine and its just right with the stock back box on.

I fancy one as my next little spend. On videos alone, the I prefer the Buddyclub sound as the N1 sounds... tinny and raspy? I'm sure it's not done justice on video however. Though if you were buying again, would you go for another N1 or just an unsilenced b-pipe and OEM backbox?

Last edited:
I fancy one as my next little spend. On videos alone, the I prefer the Buddyclub sound as the N1 sounds... tinny and raspy? I'm sure it's not done justice on video however. Though if you were buying again, would you go for another N1 or just an unsilenced b-pipe and OEM backbox?

The N1 is fine. but you need to accompany it with a silenced bpipe. [buy one of the R8BYB ones linked above] as an unsilenced pipe sounds ridiculous.
i ran mine with stock manifold and cat. a race manifold and an N1 would also be a stupid idea.

the r8byb bpipe and oem back box is a nice combo. very subtle until youre in vtech but then all I can hear now is gruppe m induction noise in the cabin

its loud but i never got flagged on track for it.

this is what mine sounded like [spec in video comments]. 10 internet points to Ace Modder for portrait video mode.

inside the cabin on a track day

being in a small room with it... [please note Will in the background wearing ear defenders] :D

genuine spoon bodykit may I add.

:cool:

Last edited:
Top video sounds nice, I'm seriously thinking about going down that route. So if it was unsilenced with OEM, how would that sound different - louder, deeper, raspier, droany? I know it's all subjective of course.

Think I made the right decision, is the silenced a little louder than standard?

Back
Top Bottom