Type R and VTEC owners

Sorry editing previous post. I'm not sure what millers are claiming on the product. But if nothing then literally it has nothing to show it actually meets any if the years developed by the industry to display basic engine oil performance.

Alternative 'thick' oils like, say a 10W-60, may be the only oil used by BMW in M series or Bugatti in the Veyron. I know which I would want to trust!

For the Focus, it will will be good on anything with the Ford 913C specification. This has ran all of Fords approval tests.

The manual says 15W40 for -15 or so and upwards conforming to ACEA A1, A2 or A3 and API SG.

Not sure what is on the label as I don't think any was left after the service, I will check the garage tomorrow though.

I put this in the Focus:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_157622_langId_-1_categoryId_165581

This stuff then for the Evo?
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_241293_langId_-1_categoryId_165581

Almost half the price of Millers. Though 4 litres, crafty buggers.

Last edited:
Most restrictive part of the eggtoast is the manifold on the EP3. Back box is good for 300bhp apparently. You should feel a bit more response as the midpipe silencer is restrictive however on paper it won't be up to much. It's the subtle noise difference that counts. Although if you're any lower than stock, expect the larger diameter of the pipe to scrape and flat spot as it hangs below the chassis.

The biggest difference you can feel for the EP3 is dialing out the mid range dip before the changeover which requires a full exhaust, intake and K100/Kpro map. Changes the drive totally but you lose that changeover punch although that wasn't very pronounced anyway.

I miss the power of my EP3, but I miss my MX5s handling... I need an F20C powered MX5!

Should be getting my r8byb midpipe fitted today. Would this give any small performance gains?

marginal

i had 211bhp with just the gruppe m and 222 with the r8byb and a spoon n1.

so read off that what you will.

@Simon

what oil do you use in your S2000? bias aside, unless ive missed it, i cant see you recommending anything.

Back
Top Bottom