Type R and VTEC owners

Link comes up as malware for me. :/

Seems to be an issue with the forums which has now been rectified. Long discussion about it on facebook group aswell. It stops after you clear cookies/cache :)

Here's the ad:

Hey Guys,

Looking to sell my EP3 as I own a FN2 now. Knowing me, I'll be back in a EP3 in a few months. :D

Honda Civic Type R
Milano Red
Mot - May 2014
Tax - SORN
Mileage - 77k
Hpi Clear

The car is in very very good condition for its age, it has been looked after all its life and has been serviced on time. The colour is Milano Red but the car doesnt have any faded panels as can be seen in the pics. Seeing as I'm now driving my FN2, I hard the car Sorn'ed end of november when tax ran out but I can tax the car for the buyer. I have quite a lot of paperwork with the car, it has part service history as it's missing the last 2 stamps but the car has been regularly serviced and it was also serviced a month ago by myself using genuine Honda parts. The mileage is very low for it's age at 77,000 and wont rise as obviously like I mentioned before, the car is not being driven. The interior is pretty much perfect except for the bolster wear on the driver side seat which any Type R enthusiast will know is a extremely common problem. All paperwork is present, service book, manuals, just had a new Battery fitted and comes with 2 keys and 2 fobs.

Mechanically the car is perfect, there's not a fault with it, the vtec kicks in as it should, there is no smoke, gearbox is silky smooth so no crunching in any gear even at high rpm, no pulling to left or right etc. I tend to look after my cars and always make sure they are perfect mechanically. The car is completely standard and has never been modified before. The car is fully hpi clear, mileage is all genuine and has never been involved in any kind of accident.

Bad points I would say is the driver side seat bolster wear and the driver side rear window has a few scratches on it, they were their when I bought the car. Minor curbing on the alloys.

I've been as honest as I could be about the car, more pictures can be provided upon request. If anyone has any enquiries about the car, Either drop me a pm on here or I can provide my contact number for a quicker response. Ideally wanting £3300 for the car but I am open to reasonable offers. Car can be viewed and test drive's are welcome as long as proof of insurance is provided. Thanks! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

HbbRSw2.jpg
suvq1z8.jpg
GjTjhUF.jpg

Love the milano red so much. Looks lovely.

rjkoneill, it's not for sale. People approach you when you've got one that's not rusting.
Tempted by another EP3 though. (Had a cosmic facelift about 6 years ago).

Guys, is a clean DC5 worth nearly double of a clean EP3?

I was saving up for a EP3 and was hoping to spend 4.5-5kish on one, but someone I know with a DC5 said its a much nicer car all in and to save more and get one, but clean examples appear to be 7-8k, are they worth all the extra?

The DC5 is the better & faster car in stock form, should depreciate less and is much rarer. It depends whether those things are important to you.

I can't even get it off, but the parts you can see with it just hanging down makes me want to get it back on or replaced asap.

The problem is (and probably why it's broken) on my way to work I have to go through an area that floods regularly so I'd like to keep it protected under there if poss.

I've found the part number for the bit that broke. I ended up hacking the whole thing off the car this morning so that I could drive it to work.

74111S5TG00

£75 from Honda

I removed the under tray on my FN2, I've left it off ever since ;)

Probably a good idea to put it back on in the case of stones/grime/badgers/mud etc getting all up in there. Think of all the em-pee-gees you are losing too!

I've found the part number for the bit that broke. I ended up hacking the whole thing off the car this morning so that I could drive it to work.

74111S5TG00

£75 from Honda

Cable ties my friend. The one on my Evo only fits now if I use cable ties!

Guys is there anything to look out for on a 100k mile EP3?

Other than general wear and tear/bodywork I'm thinking engine mounts? How long do they usually last. What about the clutch?

soul.survivor did you get my email?

Back
Top Bottom