Type R and VTEC owners

Hi Richard,

I've got a 2004 S2000 in moon rock grey. 84k with FSH. Hard top and stand. Only mods are a K&N intake and the wheels are in a dark gunmetal colour. 12months MOT and 6 months tax.

quite tempting. going to take a look at it when he is available. its higher miles than i would have liked but would be buying on condition anyway and its not much different age/miles wise to my current car.

intake and wheels put me off initially but will see what offer he puts down for me and take it from there.

I'm not planning on visiting Bradford :p

ohh-yeahh.gif

quite tempting. going to take a look at it when he is available. its higher miles than i would have liked but would be buying on condition anyway and its not much different age/miles wise to my current car.

intake and wheels put me off initially but will see what offer he puts down for me and take it from there.

Worth looking at and trying out. The 2004s might feel a little soft but can easily be fixed. Definately a future classic in my view andi can see prices settling in a few years.

Is it an s2ki car?

Worth looking at and trying out. The 2004s might feel a little soft but can easily be fixed. Definately a future classic in my view andi can see prices settling in a few years.

Is it an s2ki car?

unsure in honesty mate. his name is adam and he is from litchfield but thats pretty much all i know.
he has been speaking to me today and he sounds like an enthusiast which is certainly a promising start but i will reserve judgement until i have seen the car.

we are meeting on saturday with a view to trade with cash his way if we like eachothers cars.

im thinking with the money saved, if it is decent then I can put some money towards suspension improvement anyway which would have been the plan regardless of what year car i got. bonus of an 04 is cheap tax i guess.

Yeah 2004s are a good number! Nicest wheels too.

Stop reminding me that my AP2v2s need refurbing, it's depressing! :D

I'm bias in thinking that AP2v2s are the best looking, but they are the worst for maintenance and refurb due to the diamond cut face. Visit to the mainland for me to get done :(

If the seller is an enthusiast ask him about the adjustment bolts and whether any work, fix/preventative or otherwise has been done. If anything is going to throw you a bill it's seized adjustment bolts with a poor geometry that really needs fixing.

There are plenty of other posts about "Check Lists" on S2000s but I would say the other MAJOR one, costs wise, is checking the inside of the soft-top, above driver right shoulder and passenger left shoulder. Is a frequent wear point against the frame.

Roger that. Seen the pictures of the car. Some bits not to my taste but its all easily fixable and the important parts are clean. It threw up a plate change on the HPI check but other than that it's clear. Unless its a total shed or there is some issue I don't like, I can see it being a nice deal.

Whats with the dislike for the K&N intake? Thought the FIPK was quite well thought of. Not sure it gets you any power but it makes the induction noise even more epic.

2004 seems a good year as mentioned, cheap tax but all of the facelift improvements.

You will absolutely love it and I reckon it will feel appreciably faster than your CTR (more power, lower down and generally an even rawer drive). Please drive like a nun until you get the geo checked and the weather gets dryer, you don't want to do what I did.

I think sinchase means the wheel designs. That's how I understood it anyway.

And thanks Will. I am going to be very careful when I get one.
Would have liked one in standard form really.

The gunmetal wheels actually look quite decent. Will wait and see what Saturday brings.

Last edited:
Yeah, the K&N kits are ok it wouldn't put me off. Plus the fact that the wheels have been painted just means they've been refurbed at some point :)

As for the wheels, the "AP2V1" wheels were the standard silver, the "AP2V2" had a diamond cut face and the "AP2V3" wheels were the 5 spoke (as I understand it anyway...).

Of all of them I prefer the 5 spokes I think, although I am thinking of replacing my 16's with some (gasp) rota's.

Yeah, the K&N kits are ok it wouldn't put me off. Plus the fact that the wheels have been painted just means they've been refurbed at some point :)

As for the wheels, the "AP2V1" wheels were the standard silver, the "AP2V2" had a diamond cut face and the "AP2V3" wheels were the 5 spoke (as I understand it anyway...).

Of all of them I prefer the 5 spokes I think, although I am thinking of replacing my 16's with some (gasp) rota's.

All news to me and I've been on s2ki for nearly 8 years.

I'd stick to OEM air filters on these engines. They don't tend to like grit from poor filtration !

Back
Top Bottom